Ok then, which Rod is best value for money?

Old November 26th, 2003, 07:43 PM
Antony Wills

Default Ok then, which Rod is best value for money?

right, lets get a topic on the go, which, in your opinion, is the best rod
around, giving value for money, performance, build etc.

---

Old November 26th, 2003, 07:52 PM
Andy Stacey

Century Tip Tornado Match

Andy

Old November 26th, 2003, 08:45 PM
PhilG

right, lets get a topic on the go, which, in your opinion, is the best rod
around, giving value for money, performance, build etc.

I am currently using a Century Special Beachcaster, I also have my on one of
those Carbon Metal's

---

Old November 26th, 2003, 10:30 PM
SEAANGLING

which, in your opinion, is the best rod
around, giving value for money, performance, build etc.

Without doubt the new Shakespeares, 14-15 & 16 feet of quality and performance.
Have a look at one, up there with all the BIG names now but not at big name
prices. Downside, if you can call it that, they're designed for fixed spool
reels but will handle a multiplier. With a good F/S reel and light line they'll
put a bait out of sight with an overhead thump. Some of the England shore team
used them in Portugal to win gold. They beat the continentals at their own game
on their home patch. Awesome. Cheers, Norman.
Old November 27th, 2003, 01:37 PM
Bob Hewitt

I've just bought a Brian Meades Beach Flyer, by Conoflex, and it's the best
all round rod for light fishing I've ever had. Rated at 2oz - 5oz its light
and responsive, serious bait detection and good for about 180yrds. A magic
bit of kit.

Chees,

Bob Hewitt

Old November 27th, 2003, 03:01 PM
Antony Wills

must admit, I do like my original tip tornado (12ft, 4 to 6 oz)
but I am impressed with some of the shakespeare rods, the Atlantic
immediately comes to mind.
also the Abu conolon is another i like.

---

Old November 27th, 2003, 07:58 PM
Davy Holt

Any of the Fladden maximus range of boat rods... well built and
inexpensive
--
Davy Holt *** The Scottish Angling Homepage ***
Clydebank *** www.thecatchalot.co.uk ***

MSN Messenger:
ICQ : 81258455
Yahoo Messenger : davyh_2001

Old November 27th, 2003, 09:27 PM
SEAANGLING

Any of the Fladden maximus range of boat rods... well built and inexpensive
--

Hi Davy, just got the 20-30 traveller, great rod, good price, 3 pieces and fits
into it's own tube, it's going to be tested in Oman next week, as you said,