Chicken Livers

Old July 25th, 2005, 03:19 AM
Catfish

Try turkey liver if you can get some. I sell it in our bait shop and some
of the guys like it better than chicken.
Little bit larger and stays on better even after you cut it.

Bill

In God We Trust
And may all terrorists be returned to their
maker in more than one piece.

"Ronnie Garrison" wrote in message
news
Z Z wrote:
HAS ANY ONE HAD ANY LUCK WITH BEEF HEARTS OR BEEF LIVER A BIT TUFFER &
STILL BLOODY?

I have had some luck with deer heart and liver, but it is not as good as
chicken liver in my experience. Use it mainly on trotlines and jugs.

Old July 25th, 2005, 09:59 PM
JustPassingThrough

I really appreciate all the assistance. I tried using thread and it worked
beautifully. I also switched to fresh (well, directly out of the freezer)
liver and I added a bit of garlic juice to the container. The other hadn't
gone bad. I had it in the fridge but it was no longer fresh and it wasn't
producing. So a special thanks for the freshness tip. I caught three this
past weekend which probably doesn't seem like many but I fish in a park here
in Toronto and there's a lot of fishing pressure on a very small pond so the
fish are few and far between. Anyway, thank you all for your
assistance.

Old July 26th, 2005, 05:23 AM
Rodney

JustPassingThrough wrote:
I really appreciate all the assistance. I tried using thread and it worked
beautifully.

It works every time

IF YOU CAN FIND IT UP THERE, ""NEVER FROZEN"" LIVER IS BETTER

Rooster liver is the absolute best

--
Rodney Long,
Inventor of the Long Shot "WIGGLE" rig, SpecTastic Thread
Old July 28th, 2005, 03:05 PM
O 0

i just use a frozen chunk of liver with a treble hook. ... but you
always but them pin style hooks they work well . A friend of mine put
the liver in a piece of nylon stocking and hooked it on the bottom of
treble hook so it closed up like a stork package.