Any Western NC Clave Details Available?

Old July 25th, 2005, 09:12 PM
Bevin

Default Any Western NC Clave Details Available?

After having such a huge time at the Western Clave on the Madison, I'm
starting to think ahead to plans for fall trips, etc., and I understand
some of you friendly folk get together in western NC in the fall. Does
anyone have an idea of when this event might happen? Any other details
available yet? Is it too early yet?

Old July 25th, 2005, 09:31 PM
Wayne Harrison

"Bevin" wrote

I understand
some of you friendly folk get together in western NC in the fall. Does
anyone have an idea of when this event might happen? Any other details
available yet? Is it too early yet?

i believe jeffie miller, the scourge of the madison valley, has some
general concepts for just such an event.

since the only mormon i have ever seen in western north carolina is
zimbo, i might make the scene myownself.

oh, jeffie!!!!!

yfitons
wayno

Old July 25th, 2005, 09:45 PM
Zimbo

I'd love to attend--but need to know dates sooner rather than later so
I can convince the various powers that be to let me go.

--Steve (Mormon-in-Transition)

Old July 25th, 2005, 11:12 PM
daytripper

On 25 Jul 2005 13:45:03 -0700, "Zimbo" wrote:

--Steve (Mormon-in-Transition)

Which way you going?
Old July 25th, 2005, 11:29 PM
Danl

"Wayne Harrison" wrote in message

"Bevin" wrote

I understand
some of you friendly folk get together in western NC in the fall. Does
anyone have an idea of when this event might happen? Any other details
available yet? Is it too early yet?

i believe jeffie miller, the scourge of the madison valley, has some
general concepts for just such an event.

since the only mormon i have ever seen in western north carolina is
zimbo, i might make the scene myownself.

oh, jeffie!!!!!

yfitons
wayno

Wayno, what do you suppose is taking Clavemeister Jeff so bloody long to get
this thing put together?

C'mon, Miller, some of us have to actually plan ahead for these things.

Sheesh!

Danl, the impatient....

Old July 26th, 2005, 12:06 AM
Bevin

Well, since the planning is still in process, can I suggest that we do
this 'clave the week before or after the weekend of Oct 14th? I was
hoping to be in Asheville that weekend anyway. And the farther ahead I
give notice of my intended absence, the less painful it becomes (to
wit: "but boss, I had this planned months ago! Remember? You said
it'd probably be OK so I went ahead and spent about a zillion bucks on
airfare to Asheville, and I can't cancel now!").

Old July 26th, 2005, 12:09 AM
Zimbo

Upstream dead-drift, of course.

--Steve

Old July 26th, 2005, 12:18 AM
Charlie Choc

On 25 Jul 2005 16:06:41 -0700, "Bevin" wrote:

Well, since the planning is still in process, can I suggest that we do
this 'clave the week before or after the weekend of Oct 14th? I was
hoping to be in Asheville that weekend anyway. And the farther ahead I
give notice of my intended absence, the less painful it becomes (to
wit: "but boss, I had this planned months ago! Remember? You said
it'd probably be OK so I went ahead and spent about a zillion bucks on
airfare to Asheville, and I can't cancel now!").

I think bear season starts Oct 15, so I expect it will be before then. That's
too bad since I'll be in Taos until the 15th.
--
Charlie...
http://www.chocphoto.com
Old July 26th, 2005, 12:22 AM
Ken Fortenberry

Bevin wrote:
Well, since the planning is still in process, can I suggest that we do
this 'clave the week before or after the weekend of Oct 14th? ...

I plan to be in Bryson City from Oct. 8-15 and fishing in
Graham County and environs from Oct. 9-14. So my vote for
'Clave dates would be
Old July 26th, 2005, 12:24 AM
Bevin

OK, so what weight rod will I need for these bears? I'm guessing my
5wt ain't quite big enough...