montana...and, fawn lake

Old July 23rd, 2005, 02:54 AM
Wolfgang

"John Hightower" wrote in message

"Jeff"

This trip wasn't really planned around fishing the lake...we honestly
didn't know what we'd find. I'm not very experienced in getting those big
lake brookies yet, but next time i'll have ample streamers, damselflies,
and chironomids, and hopefully a float tube. It would be a pleasant place
to float away a day...unless of course forty happens by, in which case i
guess the lake turns into a weedbed. g

jeff

Methinks that you just exposed to the light of day a 40 favorite secret
spot- no! no! stay away don't go there!there ain't no fish there!- yada
yada yada.

That's the card he'll play. Experience suggests that this is exactly why he
never went there.

Wolfgang
believe what you will......but then, that's what we do, ainna?

Old July 23rd, 2005, 02:55 AM
Wolfgang

"Ken Fortenberry" wrote in message
...a "lake"
covered fore to aft and stem to stern in thick weeds
doesn't just become weedless in seven or eight years.

Seven or eight?

Wolfgang

Old July 23rd, 2005, 03:22 AM
Willi

Gene Cyprych wrote:

You should also know that I now agree with you about the Rudy. Your
description of it was accurate- similar and back east and why fish in a
back east kind of place when you're out west?

Interesting. For me, the Ruby is a "different" type of water. It's one
of my favorites when visiting the area. Small fertile water that
produces big fish.

Willi

Old July 23rd, 2005, 03:22 AM
Willi

Ken Fortenberry wrote:
Tim J. wrote:

Jeff - sorry to interrupt (it's really pretty funny), but since you have
now found Fawn Lake to be real, would you make the trip again? ...

Fawn Weedbed is a *great* touron destination.

NO place that's a 14 mile round trip hike is a "GREAT touron destination."

This has been quite an entertaining thread.

Willi

Old July 24th, 2005, 05:02 PM
Gene Cyprych

And from what I understand Willi, you can catch fish anywhere anytime.
We did catch fish but near the head of the creek. It gets pretty small
further down AND we saw a couple of guys with worms and what looked to
be spinning gear meant for off shore fishing. They appeared to be ready
to yank some fish clear out of the water on the first hit. I think it
gets a lot of pressure especially since you can harvest fish there.

Old July 25th, 2005, 04:20 AM
Mike Makela

"Willi" wrote in message
Gene Cyprych wrote:

You should also know that I now agree with you about the Rudy. Your
description of it was accurate- similar and back east and why fish in a
back east kind of place when you're out west?

Interesting. For me, the Ruby is a "different" type of water. It's one
of my favorites when visiting the area. Small fertile water that
produces big fish.

Willi

Yeah, nice fertile Brown trout water, with some nice smart fish hanging just
out of sight (at least after they see you coming a mile away). A very
technical stream...love it...

Old July 25th, 2005, 05:25 AM

On Fri, 22 Jul 2005 20:22:57 -0600, Willi wrote:

This has been quite an entertaining thread.

yup :-).. just how fast can one tap dance on the head of a pin?
Old July 27th, 2005, 11:49 PM
JR

Ken Fortenberry wrote:

...... a "lake"
covered fore to aft and stem to stern in thick weeds
doesn't just become weedless in seven or eight years.

Maybe some wanderers, lost and confused, smoked them?

JR
Old July 28th, 2005, 01:15 AM
Wolfgang

"JR" wrote in message ...
Ken Fortenberry wrote:

...... a "lake"
covered fore to aft and stem to stern in thick weeds
doesn't just become weedless in seven or eight years.

Maybe some wanderers, lost and confused, smoked them?

JR

Yeah, but the REALLY funny part is........he's absolutely right!

Wolfgang