Fishing question

Old November 2nd, 2005, 07:15 AM
Rodney

Default Fishing question

Stinkweed wrote:

I never noticed as I just went through there really fast, do you sell them?

No,, I just love mine

http://www.hobiecat.com/fishing/mode...fisherman.html

How much?

Well they are not cheap for a Kayak, that's because of the "peddle drive"
We just got Kayaks summer before last and have enjoyed them a
great deal, but I can't fish in them. My husband won't even try.

This is no regular Kayak it's actually designed just for fishing, super
stable, they are not designed to be rolled. I didn't even put my bass
boat in the water last season (I did go with others in their boats)
every time I went fishing alone, I just took the Out Back
Are they
easier to use than the paddle boat?

You mean "peddle boat", many times easier , the peddles don't turn a
wheel, they activate flippers, on the underside of the boat, these have
Zero drag, you can peddle once and coast 25 feet. You can peddle real,
real, slow, about as slow as you can move your feet and the thing will
go about walking speed on the ground (2 to 3 miles an hour) you also
don't have to do a full peddle, you can just move your feet a couple of
inches back and forth
I know after awhile my legs get pretty
tired in it even with my husband peddling too.

It takes so little effort with the Out Back, you just pace yourself, now
if you want to get a work out, you can peddle fast, and you will go
faster than any other human powered boat on the water, even faster than
one of them skinny racing row boats

--
Rodney Long,
Inventor of the Long Shot "WIGGLE" rig, SpecTastic Thread
Old November 2nd, 2005, 09:03 AM
Cyli

On Tue, 01 Nov 2005 09:21:42 -0600, Rodney wrote:

Stinkweed wrote:

To be honest, I had never heard of "shore lunch" before.

Shore lunch is a common service provided by guides, especially Walleye,
and trout guides. Most of the time they catch a daily limit, then go to
the shore and fix it up for lunch, then continue fishing, keeping
another daily limit. It's not legal, but they have eaten the evidence of
keeping more than the daily limits.

Hmm. The way I've read about it, I didn't think they cooked up a
whole limit. That's usually several fish per person. A wee bit too
filling for a lunch, especially with legal walleye. Never occurred
to me that some might do it to avoid limit rules. Just the taste of
the fish and the fun of them being fresh caught would be the thrill
for me.

I have to admit, eating fish that fresh on the bank somewhere, sure is a
great out door experience

Cyli
r.bc: vixen. Minnow goddess. Speaker to squirrels.
Often taunted by trout. Almost entirely harmless.

http://www.visi.com/~cyli
email: lid (strip the .invalid to email)
Old November 2nd, 2005, 01:17 PM
Rodney

Stinkweed wrote:

To be honest, I had never heard of "shore lunch" before.

Shore lunch is a common service provided by guides, especially Walleye,
and trout guides. Most of the time they catch a daily limit, then go to
the shore and fix it up for lunch, then continue fishing, keeping
another daily limit. It's not legal, but they have eaten the evidence of
keeping more than the daily limits.

Hmm. The way I've read about it, I didn't think they cooked up a
whole limit. That's usually several fish per person. A wee bit too
filling for a lunch, especially with legal walleye. Never occurred
to me that some might do it to avoid limit rules.

The trips that I have been on, the shore lunch consumption was not added
to the afternoons catch, but on these trips (fly in's) every fish that
was kept, was consumed, none were flown out (walleye 2 meals a day for
7 days, and I still didn't get bored with eating it)

Since the law was you could not transport over one day's catch, a 7 day
trip meant eating every thing that was caught and kept the first 6 days,
few people can eat more than a daily limit in a day's fishing, unless
some were not fishing in the group, over daily limits were seldom kept

Old November 2nd, 2005, 02:59 PM
Stinkweed

"Rodney" wrote in message
Stinkweed wrote:

[...]

Sounds very interesting, I have called my little peddle boat a paddle boat
for so long it is going to be hard to remember I am using the wrong name. I
will have to go back and take another look at it.

Old November 2nd, 2005, 03:05 PM
Stinkweed

Stinkweed wrote:

[...]

I have never been on a fishing trip like that, my fishing has just been on
lakes with a boat of your own or you rent a boat. With the exception of a
boat trip out on the Gulf of Mexico to deep sea fish and that turned out not
to be so good as I got sea sick. I caught a couple but I don't even know
what they were and I gave them to friends.

Old November 2nd, 2005, 03:19 PM
Stinkweed

wrote in message ...
I think Sunfish covers it. I'm not anything on Fish Biology.
We have Red Ear Sunfish, Pumpkin Seeds, Shell Crackers and several other
distinctively different ones. The Shell Crackers are the largest, usually,
sometimes weighing over 1 1/2 lb.
You can catch a bit of everything that swims in the weed beds.
I've caught many many Bass up to six pounds, Catfish, Crappie, White Bass,
and Hybrid Bass and Stiped Bass even a few Sauger.
I had such a high pressure job, that every evening I would go to the
weedbed with Poppers and catch countless fish.

I think fishing is one of the most relaxing hobbies there is as long as you
don't take it really serious. Just go out there for fun and relaxation and
always hope your going to catch that really big one.
My biggest bass, I didn't weigh but he was 17 1/2 inches long. I caught him
right off our dock. Then the Bluegill and alot of Perch are in the lake. I
caught one that was really weird that I have no idea what it was, it was
short it was not a Rock Bass, but had the mouth of a Bass, but absolutely
huge red eyes. I didn't take it's picture and could kick myself for not
doing it. It fought like the devil. We also have Walleye, Pike and I'm not
sure if there are Northerns in this lake or not. I know there are Crappie
and I'm not sure what else. What is a Hybrid Bass? I have never seen a
White Bass either. Shell Crackers is new to me also.

Old November 2nd, 2005, 07:25 PM

White Bass is a freshwater Striped Bass.
A Hybrid is a cross between the fresh water Striped Bass and Salt water
Striped Bass.
A shell Cracker is just another type of Bream it is a thicker and
larger in general. It has a more yellow bellie than some others. I'm
not sure why they are called that.
Old November 3rd, 2005, 01:37 AM
Jeff

wrote in message ...
I think Sunfish covers it.

A Spot isnt a Sunfish. Here's a link:

http://www.chesapeakebay.net/info/spot.cfm

A Bream is a Bluegill. Go to this link and scroll down to Bluegill and read:

http://floridafisheries.com/Fishes/panfish.html

Old November 3rd, 2005, 01:41 AM
Jeff

"Jeff" wrote in message

wrote in message ...
I think Sunfish covers it.

A Spot isnt a Sunfish. Here's a link:

http://www.chesapeakebay.net/info/spot.cfm

A Bream is a Bluegill. Go to this link and scroll down to Bluegill and

read:

http://floridafisheries.com/Fishes/panfish.html

And a certain species of Sunfish is called a Bream as well. On that link
above, scroll down to the third fish (a sunfish) and read that.

Old November 3rd, 2005, 01:43 AM
Jeff

"Jeff" wrote in message

"Jeff" wrote in message

wrote in message

I think Sunfish covers it.

A Spot isnt a Sunfish. Here's a link:

http://www.chesapeakebay.net/info/spot.cfm

A Bream is a Bluegill. Go to this link and scroll down to Bluegill and

read:

http://floridafisheries.com/Fishes/panfish.html

And a certain species of Sunfish is called a Bream as well. On that link
above, scroll down to the third fish (a sunfish) and read that.

Looking further, I see something I didnt know. Black Crappie (Which I always
called Black Crappie) are also called White Perch. White Perch where I am
from are an entirely different species.