New Gerber fishing pliers

Old February 18th, 2004, 02:31 AM
luv2bafield

Default New Gerber fishing pliers

Which model of Gerber is that slick new pair of pliers that I keep seeing
the pros use on their fishing shows? The ones that flick open with a snap
of the wrist. I'm thinking that might be one of those "gotta haves."

TIA

Keith

Old February 18th, 2004, 03:42 AM
RR

Dont know if this is it or not, but I have these and they are handy....

http://www.gerberblades.com/products...php?model=7572

ink.net...

Old February 18th, 2004, 12:34 PM
RichG

At a $102.0 bucks a throw, I'll have to make due with my $38.00 dollar
version. RichG

Old February 18th, 2004, 01:26 PM
luv2bafield

"RichG" wrote in message
At a $102.0 bucks a throw, I'll have to make due with my $38.00 dollar
version. RichG

Yikes! They're that much? I thought $70 for the Leatherman Wave was
pricey. Not to mention the possibility of flicking that baby right over the
side. :-(

Old February 18th, 2004, 01:34 PM
Bob La Londe

"RichG" wrote in message
At a $102.0 bucks a throw, I'll have to make due with my $38.00 dollar
version. RichG

Yikes! They're that much? I thought $70 for the Leatherman Wave was
pricey. Not to mention the possibility of flicking that baby right over

the
side. :-(

I carry a Leatherman Wave tool, and I find its worth the price. You might
do a search of various on-line sales sites. I beleive Amazon had them as
low as $57 during the holidays.
--
Bob La Londe
www.YumaBassMan.com

Old February 18th, 2004, 01:51 PM
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers

"luv2bafield" wrote in message
ink.net...
Which model of Gerber is that slick new pair of pliers that I keep seeing
the pros use on their fishing shows? The ones that flick open with a snap
of the wrist. I'm thinking that might be one of those "gotta haves."

I have the Gerber 600 model and it does everything that I want it to and
find it an extremely useful tool. And, I paid less than $60 for it at my
friendly neighborhood Walley-World. I had a Buck Knife Co. Multi-Tool and a
Leatherman. Opening the pliers with a flick of the wrist is much easier,
handier and "cool lookin'" than the other brands.

I would suggest practicing on dry land with that manuever before trying in
on the water, yes, it is possible to flick it overboard.
--
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com

Old February 18th, 2004, 06:36 PM
Moe Conway

I have the Gerber 600 model and it does everything that I want it to and
find it an extremely useful tool. And, I paid less than $60 for it at my
friendly neighborhood Walley-World. I had a Buck Knife Co. Multi-Tool and a
Leatherman. Opening the pliers with a flick of the wrist is much easier,
handier and "cool lookin'" than the other brands.

I would suggest practicing on dry land with that manuever before trying in
on the water, yes, it is possible to flick it overboard.
--
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com
G & S Guide Service and Custom Rods
http://www.herefishyfishy.com

You paid how much for it --- lol Can you say Splash!!

--
The most precious thing we have is life, yet it has absolutely no
trade-in value.

Old February 18th, 2004, 07:34 PM
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers

"Moe Conway" wrote in message SNIP

You paid how much for it --- lol Can you say Splash!!

LOL, yeah, but that one was kicked out of my hand by an upset gar. I still
paid for the original one! That's my story and I'm sticking to it... ;-p

Old February 18th, 2004, 07:35 PM
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers

"Kevin Hare" wrote in message
om...
And you know that how Steve??????

I never flicked one overboard, but when I first got it, I did send it
sailing across the room a couple of times. Now, having one kicked out of my
hand by one thoroughly p.o.'d gar fish, that's a different story!