nc

Old November 1st, 2010, 06:28 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
JT

Default nc

"jeff" wrote in message

That for sharing the adventure and photos!

Looks like a great time,
JT

Old November 2nd, 2010, 07:26 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
chas

jeff wrote:
On 11/1/2010 1:22 AM, chas wrote:

[ Harkers October 2010 001.jpg ] (Attachment)

[ Harkers October 2010 002.jpg ] (Attachment)

[ Harkers October 2010 003.jpg ] (Attachment)

So that's where you were when I tried to call you! The best part of fishing
is
the adventure. Maybe next time I can be there...

Chas

Chas
remove fly fish to e mail directly

sorry we missed you chas... we'll do better next time.

jeff

It was all my fault for not thinking to connect much earlier.

Old November 11th, 2010, 05:14 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
ScovilleUnit

jeff wrote in news:4cce9daa$0$14826$bbae4d71
@news.suddenlink.net:

On 10/31/2010 9:53 PM, MrGrey wrote:
Wow! Nice rig.... Looks like you ran out of water mate.... LOL You

have
to wait for about 8 hours?
I wish I was there. Looks like a nice beach... Where is that?
MrGrey1

"jeff" wrote in message
On 10/30/2010 7:59 PM, jeff wrote:

thanks... place is shark island, part of the sand shoals off cape
lookout, north carolina. waited about 5-6 hours for return of tides.
got caught fishing on the other side of island when tide drained. it

was
still rising when we were able to get off, but after sunset. an
excellent adventure...great beach, all over.

HAHAHA, What a DORK! Let your ship get beached in a falling tide? Talk
about a person totally oblivious to his surroundings. (LOL) Hey ****-
for-brains, so you were on the other side of the island, the receding
water (for 2 to 5 hours) should have alerted you (maybe NOT S-F-B)that
the the tide was going out.

Oh well, dumb asses like you are the reason excellent maritime rescue
exist.

Precise Tide charts are nothing new, In case you didn't know (LOL)!!!!!

Old November 12th, 2010, 04:54 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Wayne Harrison

. ..

"jeff" wrote in message
[...]

suppose you kiss my ass, you anonymous, arrogant, ****-eating troll!

i'd love to see your pompous ass in the middle of the grassy islands off the
cape lookout bight about midnight, trying to find your way back to some
goddam hovel on harker's island. sleeping in the boat would be too good for
you.

a. wayne harrison
one of jeff's many friends.

Old November 13th, 2010, 01:10 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
jeff

. ..

wrote in message
[...]

thanks wayno... i did feel like a dumb ass though. and i don't begrudge
a good chuckle at my mishap. we had a good time, a hearty laugh at our
plight, and i posted the photos so others could smile in whatever manner
they chose. it was fun, ended well, and left a fine memory.

the enchantment of fishing and the pursuit of fish in beautiful places,
in large measure for me, is that it often causes me to lose touch with
most other issues and concerns in my life (and other's as well).

jeff
Old November 13th, 2010, 01:36 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
jeff

On 11/10/2010 11:14 PM, ScovilleUnit wrote:

HAHAHA, What a DORK! Let your ship get beached in a falling tide? Talk
about a person totally oblivious to his surroundings. (LOL) Hey ****-
for-brains, so you were on the other side of the island, the receding
water (for 2 to 5 hours) should have alerted you (maybe NOT S-F-B)that
the the tide was going out.

yup...it was funny. lots of folks have enjoyed a good chuckle from those
photos, even me.

however, the receding tide wasn't so noticeable ... at least to me and a
few other fishermen who also got stuck. it was an odd tide, one that
"drained" quickly in the area where the boat was anchored, but ebbed out
over the same time in the area we were fishing. the boat was fine about
one hour earlier when we left to chase a school of red drum at the other
end of the small island. you have to be familiar with the landscape of
the island and its waters to understand how different the tide looks and
works in the two areas...a familiarity i now have.

but you're right, i wasn't paying proper attention, and it shouldn't
have happened. lesson learned...

Oh well, dumb asses like you are the reason excellent maritime rescue
exist.

no need for rescue, excellent or otherwise. tides go out, tides come in.
but i appreciate your sterling and helpful commentary.

Precise Tide charts are nothing new, In case you didn't know (LOL)!!!!!

hmmm...you do a lot of actual boating?

so it goes...