cast net throwing

Old September 26th, 2005, 04:47 PM
STEPHEN PEEK

Default cast net throwing

Could someone direct me to a site with easy instruction for throwing a cast
net? Thanks for any help.
Steve

Old September 26th, 2005, 11:24 PM
daytripper

On Mon, 26 Sep 2005 15:47:53 GMT, "STEPHEN PEEK" wrote:

Could someone direct me to a site with easy instruction for throwing a cast
net? Thanks for any help.
Steve

I think this follows the "feed a man a fish" paradigm, so let's give this a
go:

o Can you launch a web browser ?
o Can you find your way to www.google.com ?

If no, forget cast nets.

If yes, then Google the following quoted string:
"How to throw a cast net"

Dozens of hits, with the top ones including videos.
Old September 27th, 2005, 02:27 AM
STEPHEN PEEK

Already been the google route, all but one of the sites are selling videos.
Pardon me, but I thought this would be the place to ask.

Old September 27th, 2005, 02:55 AM
Rodney

STEPHEN PEEK wrote:
Already been the google route, all but one of the sites are selling videos.
Pardon me, but I thought this would be the place to ask.

No one can tell you how to throw a cast net,, it's like telling someone
how to do brain surgery, it's best to be taught one one one, and then
practice for 20 years. I've been throwing one for 35 years, I've wore
out a dozen or more of them, about last mouth, I finally learned the
nack of it :-)

--
Rodney Long,
Inventor of the Long Shot "WIGGLE" rig, SpecTastic Thread
Old September 27th, 2005, 03:56 AM
Sarge

STEPHEN PEEK wrote: "Could someone direct me to a site with easy instruction
for throwing a cast net? Thanks for any help."

By an E-Z Throw Cast Net Ring.
http://www.catchnbait.com/fiteccastnets.html

Here is a soght that has step by step instructions with picture.
http://www.castnets.com/

Sarge

Old September 27th, 2005, 02:25 PM
Charlie Bress

"STEPHEN PEEK" wrote in message
nk.net...
Could someone direct me to a site with easy instruction for throwing a
cast net? Thanks for any help.
Steve

When I tried to learn to throw a net, I took the net and the directions that
came with it to the beach. I was determined to learn how to throw it.
Determination is not the answer. As I was getting more and more frustrated,
a guy who was just walking the beach asked if I was having problems. He said
"let me show you".

That is the best way to learn. Go find someone who can show you how to do
it, watch you try it and then make those little corrections for you that
make it all work.

Charlie

Old September 28th, 2005, 11:49 AM
LD

Hey, I found this site that does have a vidio! Now maybe I can watch it
over and over and practice over and over and use that thing I paid $30.00
for and packed it away. I don't really have the time to take my net, stand
on the beach and hope someone will come by and offer to teach me how. :-)
http://www.calusa.com/howtothrow.cfm
LD
ink.net...

Old October 11th, 2005, 06:35 PM
Ron M.

Many professional fishing guides are skilled with cast nets, as they
use them for catching their live bait. You might call one up and ask
what he'd charge for a quickie cast-net-throwing lesson.

A lot of these guys are especially skilled at throwing really LARGE
nets, those big whoppers that look like they cover half an acre. I'd
like to know how to throw one of these, myself. I can throw a little
6-footer OK, but I get lost trying to learn to throw a big one, with
all this "put two folds over your back, hold this part between your
teeth, loop your arm twice around the lower upper middle blahblahblah."
Someone who really knew how could show you in a couple of minutes.

Ron M.