Here are a bunch of clear thinkers, that kinow what they're saying

Old October 30th, 2006, 04:33 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Gene Cottrell

Default Here are a bunch of clear thinkers, that kinow what they're saying

Here are a bunch of liars: http://www.6URL.com/0Z5A

Old October 30th, 2006, 02:31 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Wolfgang

Gene Cottrell wrote:
Here are a bunch of liars: http://www.6URL.com/0Z5A

What an interesting world you live in. Here, on our planet, we make a
serious effort (not always successful, it is true.....but we try) to
label those who formulate and disseminate lies as liars and
hypocrites......not those who believe them.

Wolfgang
who confesses that he has a really hard time understanding why those
who invariably demonstrate that they have absolutely no idea of what
they are saying don't simply stop.

Old October 30th, 2006, 03:13 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
salmobytes

Gene Cottrell wrote:
Here are a bunch of liars: http://www.6URL.com/0Z5A

The republicans are starting to wake up to to the nightmare of
their most recent legacy: Iraq was the biggest foreign policy blunder
in at least a century. They have done more to irretrievably damage
our national security than can easily be put into words.

Facing this agonizing reality, it's only natural they would
try to blame it on the democrats. That kind of trickery has
worked well for them in the past.

This time, however, their unbridled stupidity is beyond hiding.
Even red-state morons from the heartland now realize
we're in big trouble. And they know who caused it.

Old October 30th, 2006, 03:48 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
rb608

Wolfgang wrote:
who confesses that he has a really hard time understanding why those
who invariably demonstrate that they have absolutely no idea of what
they are saying don't simply stop.

I'll defer to Bertrand Russell on that: "The whole problem with the
world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves,
and wiser people so full of doubts."

Joe F.

Old October 30th, 2006, 05:06 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
[email protected]

On 30 Oct 2006 06:13:14 -0800, "salmobytes"
wrote:

Gene Cottrell wrote:
Here are a bunch of liars: http://www.6URL.com/0Z5A

The republicans are starting to wake up to to the nightmare of
their most recent legacy: Iraq was the biggest foreign policy blunder
in at least a century. They have done more to irretrievably damage
our national security than can easily be put into words.

Facing this agonizing reality, it's only natural they would
try to blame it on the democrats. That kind of trickery has
worked well for them in the past.

Right. Blame the Republicans. OTOH, it might serve you to research it
and learn that it took a lot more than just "the Republicans," and a
great number of years, to wind up with situation in which the US and
others find themselves with regard to Iraq. And no, "the Democrats"
(and/or Clinton) aren't totally responsible, either. I am curious as to
where you think all the Johnny-come-lately anti-Iraq-war Dems were
before this election cycle really heated up. It was all fine and dandy
with most of them until polls suggested it shouldn't be...and I'd offer
that come November 8, most in the US will go back to not really
caring...

This time, however, their unbridled stupidity is beyond hiding.

Which "their," _their_ their and the other "their?"

Even red-state morons

Golly! Even THOSE inbred cracker mouth-breathers? Sheesh, if THEY now
realize it, the geniuses in real, civilized states must have known it
from the get-go...I mean, they NEVER would have said that it was alright
to go into Ira...well, let's let them tell it in their own words:

Going into Iraq was "consistent with the United States and other
countries continuing to take necessary actions against international
terrorists and terrorist organizations, including those who planned,
authorized, committed, or aided the terrorist attacks of September 11,
2001."

They also said...well, again, let's let them tell it..."Furthermore, the
resolution declares that this section is intended to constitute specific
statutory authorization for use of the armed forces..."

Gee, I didn't see a single thing that seems like it would be an attempt
at stopping the US military from going into Iraq, but maybe it's from
being around all these "red-state" morons...heck, they're so stupid,
they keep electing Democrats to all sorts of positions...

from the heartland now realize
we're in big trouble.

"We're" in big trouble? And just who the flock is "we," Kemosabe? If
you mean the US, it ain't even in "little trouble." Comparatively, no
one really gives a **** about Iraq. Oh, sure, some folks like to get
all worked up and protest, use it to weasel into office (or weasel
another out), or use it as a sad attempt to relive the "hippie" days
they missed out on or can't really remember, but at the end of the day,
most folks, from the US blue-collar factory worker to the wealthiest
Arab to the migrant worker from the south-of-the-US-Mexico border to the
Asian tycoon, and from Beirut to Beijing to Bogota to Boston, the vast
majority simply don't care, because it doesn't affect them, personally,
very much at all.

And they know who caused it.

No, "they" (just about whoever you mean by "they") don't have the
slightest clue as to who caused "it" or much else, and "they" don't know
for a variety of reasons, including apathy. The seminal cause is a
bunch of long-dead Brits and a smattering of Continentals, and since
none of the various babblers at the various world-wide "news networks"
babbles on about it, darned few know much about anything.

Of course, not knowing jack-**** never stopped most of the "they" from
demanding, while screaming out a litany of other "demands," that a whole
'nutha "they" DO SOMETHING RIGHT NOW about it "all"...

HTH,
Old October 30th, 2006, 05:21 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
[email protected]

On 30 Oct 2006 06:48:52 -0800, "rb608" wrote:

Wolfgang wrote:
who confesses that he has a really hard time understanding why those
who invariably demonstrate that they have absolutely no idea of what
they are saying don't simply stop.

OK, I'll bite...regardless of your difficulty in understanding, what's
your excuse?

I'll defer to Bertrand Russell on that: "The whole problem with the
world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves,
and wiser people so full of doubts."

Boy, it sounds like he was certain that he was, in fact, stating the
WHOLE problem...but feel free to defer away...

I can't say it's the WHOLE problem, but if a lot more people did a lot
less deferring, maybe it would at least seem there were a lot fewer
"fools" and fanatics and a lot more "wiser" people...

HTH,

Joe F.

Old October 30th, 2006, 06:04 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
rb608

wrote:
Going into Iraq was "consistent with the United States and other
countries continuing to take necessary actions against international
terrorists and terrorist organizations, including those who planned,
authorized, committed, or aided the terrorist attacks of September 11,
2001."

Just a second there fella. Fact check: The word "Iraq" is not
contained anywhere in the AUMF.

It has been conclusively and factually shown that Saddam Hussein and
the nation of Iraq had nothing whatsoever to do with those attacks and
no functional relationship with the organization behind them despite
Bush, Cheney, & Rice's continuous selling of that lie.

Without that responsibility or relationship, the invasion of Iraq was
clearly NOT "consistent with the United States and other countries
continuing to take necessary actions against international terrorists
and terrorist organizations, including those who planned, authorized,
committed, or aided the terrorist attacks of September 11, 2001." It
had nothing to do with it. It was a lie sold to the US people, the
price for which we will be paying for generations.

The body count won't reset on November 8. You're wrong if you think we
won't care.

Joe F.

Old October 30th, 2006, 06:14 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Opus McDopus

"rb608" wrote in message
oups.com...

The body count won't reset on November 8. You're wrong if you think we
won't care.

Joe F.

Make that "You're wrong if you think we [don't] care!"

Op