Active NG

Old January 18th, 2004, 04:36 PM
Dark Knight

Default Active NG

I live in Central Saskatchewan, with Tobin and Defienbaker Lakers a little
less than four hours away.

DK

"Brad B" wrote in message
. ..
Where y'all located then?
"smiles" wrote in message
. ..
Since I am no where near that area, I can't help the original poster

about
the Muskoka areal

--
http://www.bluezone.best.cd/
"Brad B" wrote in message
I was wondering about replies to the post about the Muskoka

fishing,but
saw
no replies
"smiles" wrote in message
This site is similar cyber sex. You just can't come along and say
"hey...talk dirty to me...make me come" without giving a little

input.
What
do you want me to say? Are you a good fisherman? If you are, you

are
probably better than me and what I would have to say would be of no
interest
to you. As for being active.....I go fishing as much as possible

and
winter
doesn't slow me down.
--
http://www.bluezone.best.cd/
"Brad B" wrote in message
. ..
Is there no one active in this NG? There's never much activity in

here.

Old January 18th, 2004, 04:36 PM
Dark Knight

I live in Central Saskatchewan, with Tobin and Defienbaker Lakers a little
less than four hours away.

DK

"Brad B" wrote in message
. ..
Where y'all located then?
. ..

"smiles" wrote in message
This site is similar cyber sex. You just can't come along and say
"hey...talk dirty to me...make me come" without giving a little

input.
What
do you want me to say? Are you a good fisherman? If you are, you

are
probably better than me and what I would have to say would be of no
interest
to you. As for being active.....I go fishing as much as possible

and
winter
doesn't slow me down.
--
http://www.bluezone.best.cd/
. ..

Old January 19th, 2004, 04:50 AM
smiles

the closest town is Chicoutimi

--
http://www.bluezone.best.cd/
"Brad B" wrote in message
. ..
KEW! You live in a fisherman's paradise then!
What's the closest town/city near where you live?
"smiles" wrote in message
. ..
Where I live, there is the Saguenay River, just across the road from my
house. Depending on where you fish in the Saguenay, you can fish

anything
from perch and walleye, to smelt, salmon and trout, to cod and halibut,

Greenland sharks. All within 20 minutes from my house. The Saguenay
changes from a rather shallow freshwater river into a very deep salt

water
"fjord" up to 1/4 mile deep and has 25 foot tides. In "fjord" part, the
fresh water just slides over the heavier denser salt water. As you can
imagine, fishing conditions change drastically from one place to another

and
from one species to another. The river is divided into 2 fishing zones.
For cod, halibut, sole, ocean perch, ling cod etc etc, I use smelt for

bait
on bottom rigs. The size of the bottom rigs depends on the depth and
current. I sometimes use a good sized spinning rod and reel loaded with
"Fireline" for ocean perch in 80 to 250 feet of water. When fishing for
smelt in the shallow water, I use worms as bait on tiny hooks. When I

go
trout, walleye, pike, and perch fishing, I use worms or small smelt for
bait. I am going smelt fishing tomorrow. I eat the larger smelt and

keep
the small ones for bait.

http://www.bluezone.best.cd/

"Dark Knight" wrote in message
So what is your favourite ice-fishing bait Smiles? Do you use

attractants
through the ice?

DK
"smiles" wrote in message
This site is similar cyber sex. You just can't come along and say
"hey...talk dirty to me...make me come" without giving a little

input.
What
do you want me to say? Are you a good fisherman? If you are, you

are
probably better than me and what I would have to say would be of no
interest
to you. As for being active.....I go fishing as much as possible

and
winter
doesn't slow me down.
--
http://www.bluezone.best.cd/
. ..

Old February 1st, 2004, 11:05 PM
Gord

Wait til after the Outdoor Show in Toronto. In the spring this place picks
up a bit.

Fishing season is still a couple of months away.

"Brad B" wrote in message
. ..
Is there no one active in this NG? There's never much activity in here.

Old February 3rd, 2004, 12:23 AM
smiles

During fishing season, everyone is too busy fishing and vacationing
to visit the newsgroup. It was quiet here all last summer. However, I am
not getting all the postings. I had to specifically ask to have
"can.rec.fishing" on my server because it was not on my server when the
newsgroup was created.
There are some messages that I see only when someone posts a response
and includes the original message. Ex., the message about eating fish in
Ontario. All I got was the 3 point answer (see message below). Sometimes
my postings don't appear for a day sometimes 2.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
You get the book free at any liquor store
"PublicGIS" wrote in message
le.rogers.com...
If you currently fish in, or are planning a fishing trip to Ontario
Canada,
please visit

www.publicgis.info/onfishing

This web site uses a "find by click" system to help you find
1. places to fish
2. discover species present
3. be advised how much fish you can safely eat

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

So I jumped to conclusions that someone was looking for info into fishing
Ontario and not "eating Ontario".
--
http://www.bluezone.best.cd/
"

Old February 3rd, 2004, 03:06 PM
Rivers North

Yes I feel sorry for people that live anywhere but where I do...this winter
has been nasty compared to most but I still can get out last least two or
three times a month...just as soon as the weather breaks I know the
Steelhead are awaiting....I am learning to fly fish, can deliver the fly but
am still learning...What this group needs is some people that will share
knowledge... or heaven forbid discuss politics' from a fisherman's point of
view...I hate fish farms and this might not be knowledge but its something
to laugh about when no one is looking...
http://meph.eu.org/

peace gord p
www.riversnorth.bc.ca

ps I know I have way too much free time....best score 593

Old February 3rd, 2004, 04:39 PM
Rivers North

The last great Salmon river left in North America...unfortunately... 1-1/2
acres on the banks of the Skeena River...360 degrees mountains...and at
least 10 other rivers and the ocean all within 1 hour or less driving
time...peace gord p

Old February 3rd, 2004, 07:17 PM
Rivers North

Sorry... I assume everyone knows about the Skeena...The Skeena flows into
the Pacific Ocean near Prince Rupert and I live approx 100 up river from
there in a town call Terrace in the Province of British Columbia in
Canada...Terrace is BC's best kept secret...no crowds and great
fishing...peace gord p