Final Blow to the Big O?

Old October 22nd, 2005, 03:45 PM
go-bassn

Default Final Blow to the Big O?

I read recently that Lake Okeechobee was in big trouble as a result of last
season's hurricanes. Apparently tons of aquatic vegitation gets oprooted
during these storms, and the resulting decay has very detrimental effects on
O2 levels, light penetration, lack of cover etc.

I'm wondering what the outlook is if Wilma slams into South Florida as
predicted. Can the Big O suffer yet another blow from a major storm?

I know Moe's no longer a resident of the area, but are there any rofb
readers that are?

Warren
--
http://www.warrenwolk.com
http://www.tri-statebassmasters.com

Old October 23rd, 2005, 03:24 AM
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers

"go-bassn" wrote in message
I read recently that Lake Okeechobee was in big trouble as a result of last
season's hurricanes. Apparently tons of aquatic vegitation gets oprooted
during these storms, and the resulting decay has very detrimental effects
on
O2 levels, light penetration, lack of cover etc.

I'm wondering what the outlook is if Wilma slams into South Florida as
predicted. Can the Big O suffer yet another blow from a major storm?

I know Moe's no longer a resident of the area, but are there any rofb
readers that are?

I wouldn't worry too terribly much. Okeechobee has been getting pounded by
hurricanes for centuries, yet somehow, there's still always bass in the
lake. I think that reports of Okeechobee's death are greatly exaggerated.
--
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com

Old October 23rd, 2005, 05:10 PM
Charles B. Summers, HOF+M

I agree... as sure as New Orleans will rebuild itself, the Big O will do the
same.

"Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers" wrote in
message ...

Old October 23rd, 2005, 08:55 PM
Henry Hefner

Charles B. Summers, HOF+M wrote:
I agree... as sure as New Orleans will rebuild itself, the Big O will do the
same.

I don't think New Orleans will rebuild itself, Charles. New Orleans
will be rebuilt by you and me and many other federal taxpayers, whether
we like it or not.

The Big O's bass population will rebuild itself.