NWC 2006 Final

Old September 9th, 2006, 12:39 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers

Default NWC 2006 Final

Well, another NWC is in the books, and it was a cliff hanger. The weather
took a turn for the worse, with it being warmest at 6:00 this morning,
steadily falling into the refrigerator all day long. Now, as I type this,
it's 48 degrees!

We had excitement today, Gil was "struck" by lightning as the front screamed
in. He heard the crack, felt tingling throughout his body and the
electronics in his boat flashed off! He's fine luckily. But the weather
got worse, rain pelting down, temps falling and I was chased off the lake
three times due to the dangerous conditions.

I was throwing a prototype SW when I had a muskie in the 45 - 48 inch class
eat it close to the boat, but I lost the fish when it dove for the outboard
and I had to snub it short. Dang, the hook pulled free!

Everyone, with the exception of one caught and weighed fish in the
tournament, so it was a dandy.

The final results are as follows:

NWC 2006 Final

Day one fish caught = 30

Total pounds - Day One = 58 +

Day Two Fish Caught = 30

Total Pounds - Day Two = 58 +

Total Tourney Fish Caught = 60

Total Poundage = 116

Largest Non-Bass = Joe H. 35" muskie

Large Bass = Steve H 3 lb. 7 oz.

Hard Luck = Brandon 0 fish caught

Third Place = Ronnie Garrison - 12 lb. 1 oz.

Second Place = Chris Rennert - 12 lb. 4 oz.

First Place = Steve H. - 14 lb. 7 oz.

I'll post more when I have time tomorrow. Tonight, it's laughter, eating
too much fish and "perhaps" an adult beverage or two.....
--
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com

Old September 9th, 2006, 01:16 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Charles Summers

YEA STEVE!!!!!!!!!! That's awesome man!!!

Thank goodness that Gil's all right too! WE NEED PICTURES!

I had Chris for a second place finish, with Ronnie following behind. What's
my prize Johnny?

Congrats to all!

"Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers" wrote in
message ...

Old September 9th, 2006, 01:56 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Bass_Mr.

Congratulations Steve !
Everybody get home safe now.

Old September 9th, 2006, 02:41 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Charles Summers

You called this one right on the money!

Old September 9th, 2006, 04:08 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers

Default NWC 2006 Final - Boy is my face red!!!!

I plead guilty, but I'm going to blame it on little sleep, too much fun and
if I need to, I'll even drag in my recent heart attack! I made an error in
calculating weights and it was brought up to me immediately after presenting
the awards....

The finish is as follows:

Third Place - Chris Rennert 12 lbs. 4 oz.

Second Place - Gary Wilbur 13 lbs. 6 oz.

First Place - Still me! 14 lb. 7 oz.

I apologize to Ronnie, Chris and Gary for the error,

Old September 9th, 2006, 03:22 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
WARREN WOLK

Congrats Steve, well done! 60 fish in 2 days from Doom lake, you guys did a
heck of a job!

Warren

Old September 9th, 2006, 04:20 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Bob Rickard

My congratulations to ALL the winners, who are those who had the good sense
to attend in any way. There is no place where more fun can be had on this
entire planet. If my health if improves to being just lousy, I'll be there
again some day.

Bob Rickard