OT Happy Holidays

Old December 17th, 2008, 09:44 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
rb608

Default OT Happy Holidays

On Dec 16, 2:14*pm, Dave LaCourse wrote:
Best rendition ever:
http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=G5Rbkcxiibw

That beats the **** out of the pablum that spews 24/7 on the local
easy listening station here. I go into Grinch mode as soon as SWMBO
turns on the radio. (And not even Bing Crosby & David Bowie together
can make me like "Little Drummer Boy". Gawd I hate that song.)

Which brings up the question, why *don't* radio stations play decent
holiday music? It's not like Ray Charles isn't mainstream enough.
Why does it have to be Jingle Bell Rock, and Alvin & the Chipmunks,
and Leroy the Redneck Reindeer. Are they *trying* to make us stupid,
or just assuming we are?

Joe F.
Old December 17th, 2008, 10:08 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Dave LaCourse

On Wed, 17 Dec 2008 21:20:00 +0000, "W. D. Grey"
wrote:

Happy Holidays to you all.
--
Bill Grey

Merry Christmas to you and Anne, Bill.

And, of course, a prosperous New Year with lots of fish on the line.

Old December 17th, 2008, 10:40 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
W. D. Grey

In article , Dave LaCourse
writes
On Wed, 17 Dec 2008 21:20:00 +0000, "W. D. Grey"
wrote:

Happy Holidays to you all.
--
Bill Grey

Merry Christmas to you and Anne, Bill.

And, of course, a prosperous New Year with lots of fish on the line.

Dave

Best wishes to you and Joanne for 2009
--
Bill Grey

Old December 22nd, 2008, 04:32 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Charlie S.

On Wed, 17 Dec 2008 13:44:30 -0800 (PST), rb608
wrote:

Are they *trying* to make us stupid,
or just assuming we are?

Joe F.

Yeah. :-D

Tell me: what's worse - Little Drummer Boy or Do You Hear What I Hear?