Fiberglass rods

Old October 25th, 2004, 09:14 AM
SEAANGLING

Default Fiberglass rods

more important reason why i'm looking
for a fiberglass one. The reason is that i can fish more safely during a
storm

The chances of your rod being struck by lightning are so remote as to be almost
non-existant, you stand more chance of drowning.
Old October 25th, 2004, 10:15 AM
Lucky Luke

"SEAANGLING" ha scritto nel messaggio
more important reason why i'm looking
for a fiberglass one. The reason is that i can fish more safely during a
storm

The chances of your rod being struck by lightning are so remote as to be

almost
non-existant, you stand more chance of drowning.

Probably you never heard the buzzing of a carbon rod during a storm...and
never had the soft electric shock by touching it.

Old October 25th, 2004, 10:55 PM
SEAANGLING

Probably you never heard the buzzing of a carbon rod during a storm...and
never had the soft electric shock by touching it.

Yes I have but that is caused by static, not quite the same as being struck by
lightning.
Old October 25th, 2004, 11:10 PM
Lucky Luke

"SEAANGLING" ha scritto nel messaggio
Probably you never heard the buzzing of a carbon rod during a storm...and
never had the soft electric shock by touching it.

Yes I have but that is caused by static, not quite the same as being

struck by
lightning.

A carbon rod full of static is like a magnet for the lightenings...

Old October 26th, 2004, 04:26 AM
Chris Mitchell

But none the less there is a risk which is not mitigated by the materials
used to make the rod.

Old January 2nd, 2005, 05:59 PM
mick

Hello! I'm an italian angler. I'm looking for a 2 pieces fiberglass rod of
about 6/7oz casting power.
I could not find what i look for, even searching on internet. It seems

they
don't exist. Can anybody help me, please

Good quality fibreglass presents a major problem for rod makers because they
very robust and don't shatter at regular intervals like their carbon
counterparts.