nc trout - arsehole creek

Old May 21st, 2008, 09:56 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
jeff miller[_2_]

Default nc trout - arsehole creek

just back from my annual camp-n-fish adventure with my friend mark. we
camped on a small remote stream i'll call "arsehole creek". peaceful
spot. the stream had an abundance of small fish, all rainbows...largest
was about 8 inches. we fished it one day, then traveled out to other
venues. these are some photos of arsehole(s). g

Old May 21st, 2008, 10:04 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
jeff miller

our friend wally, owner of ezflyfish and wilson creek outfitters,
stopped in for a visit with the arsehole(s) and to sample my swedish
vodka.

Old May 21st, 2008, 10:14 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
jeff miller

the next day we fished mark's favorite stream "lower creek". another
excellent day in a fine place with lots of compliant fish. mark's dog
was remarkable, rock-hopping and remaining behind the fisherman so as
not to spook the pool or run. i suspect he'll be casting a flyrod when i
see him next year.

Old May 21st, 2008, 10:23 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
jeff miller

the next 2 days we fished "woodrow's creek" brook trout section and
forest road sections. we caught the native brookies in almost every pool
of the upper section, and plenty of rainbows and browns. ...and fire
pink (a/k/a indian pink) flower patch, one of my favorite nc mountain
stream flowers.

Old May 21st, 2008, 10:27 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
jeff miller

Old May 21st, 2008, 10:45 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
jeff miller

mark returned to work on tuesday and i moved camp to a motel in banner
elk. fished the "moose river", a catch and release stream. given the
easy access to the stream, i was surprised to have had it all to myself.
not another fisherman seen. i woke up a pair of mallards, who kept me
company for half of the day. once i figured out what the trout wanted
(parachute adams...duh!), it was as good a half day of catching as i've
had on any of the boone/banner elk area streams (except for the zoo
trout on the delayed harvest watauga).

an excellent time each day... returned home today with some more happy
memories of my times in the nc mountains...chasing the great mystery.

jeff (...and, thanks mark)

Old May 22nd, 2008, 01:05 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Willi Loehman

Nice Pix Jeff. You been takin' lessons from Choc?

Old May 22nd, 2008, 01:45 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
jeff miller

Willi Loehman wrote:
Nice Pix Jeff. You been takin' lessons from Choc?

thanks willi... choc's an artist (and he has a much better camera and
eye for the photos); i'm a hack, but the photos do provide tangible
memories. caught some decent sized wild nc trout this trip, and lots of
the usual tiny fish. didn't take many photos though. the streams have
come back decently from the floods and drought of the last few
years...but, i'm anxious to see the west again, especially as the
snowpack reports sound like it may be a good year out there this season.

jeff
Old May 22nd, 2008, 02:58 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
oldtimer

Jeff, What is your hometown and State?

Later, Joe

Old May 22nd, 2008, 05:43 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
[email protected]

the streams have
come back decently from the floods and drought of the last few
years...but, i'm anxious to see the west again, especially as the
snowpack reports sound like it may be a good year out there this season.

jeff

July should be great fishing
out West
Here in NW MT- the streams are blown out and will be so for a while
Spring came real late and the snowpack was great!!!

We are going to W Yellowstone in June and it will probably be a bit ealrly
and I will have to do more nymphing but
I could care less
I just want to be in or near the river
Catch fish? I dont even care that much

It is a vaca w SWMBO I am certain that shopping and sightseeing will be part
of it

Fred