Carp fishing venues in Dorset

Old April 4th, 2004, 09:55 AM
DAVE CHINERY

Default Carp fishing venues in Dorset

Can anybody recommend and day ticket waters in Dorset/Hants that suit the
carp fisherman.I went to the New Forest Water park yesterday and it was
packed not a swim free.
The fishing was very poor too not a touch all day.I would love to find a
less crowded place.I do not mind the fishing being hard.I am not after a
monster but a few fish would be nice.
I can only go at the weekend due to my job commitments and I know this
limits me somewhat.I used to go during the week and this was perfect as it
was so quiet
Oh yes and it has to be open in the Close season.

Old April 4th, 2004, 12:08 PM
Derek.Moody

In article N8Qbc.6859$4N3.781@newsfe1-win, DAVE CHINERY
wrote:
Can anybody recommend and day ticket waters in Dorset/Hants that suit the
carp fisherman.I went to the New Forest Water park yesterday and it was

Oh yes and it has to be open in the Close season.

I know nothing about carp day ticket waters, sorry, but most of the clubs in
the area have still waters some of which are open out of season. Consult
your local tacke shop.

For eg, I have the D&DAS newsletter to hand and it discusses extra rules for
the closed season at one water. Why is it, btw, that match anglers so
dominate clubs? Out of 250+ members the two dozen or so match fishers
dominate and run everything, sometimes to the detriment of other angling.

Cheerio,

Old April 4th, 2004, 12:24 PM
Bryan Hall

Most of the local places will be full at the moment - it is the close season
after all
If you don't want these sort of problems stay away from Hordle Lakes,
although New Orchard (nr Bashley/New Milton) might be worth a visit
Alternatively try this link for some large pits with less exposure
http://www.ringwoodfishing.co.uk/Day%20Tickets.htm

Old April 4th, 2004, 03:59 PM
Jim Murray

Why is it, btw, that match anglers so
dominate clubs? Out of 250+ members the two dozen or so match fishers
dominate and run everything, sometimes to the detriment of other angling.

Good point; don't know about Dorset but in other areas the "all-rounder"
sometimes can have problems finding a decent club, having little option but
to join one(or several) species-specific clubs as most of the local "coarse"
fishing clubs will be dominated my matchmen.

Jim.