Feeder Floats

Old March 9th, 2004, 08:14 AM
John

Default Feeder Floats

G'day

I was in K-Mart today getting some hooks and noticed the feeder
floats, they looked like a good idea for gars and mullet. I've never
used them and I was wondering if anyone has any experience of them and
if they work.

Here's a really dumb question. Are they meant to sit horizontal or
vertical in the water?

The pack suggests a mix of about 70% bran and 20% pollard and 10%
sardines as the berley mix. Is there a better mix?

I've had a look at the Jarvis Walker website and done a web search but
I can't find any info on the best way to rig them. Any advice would be
appreciated.

Cheers and good fishing.

Old March 9th, 2004, 10:26 PM
Hunter

Gday,

I have used the feeder cages (ie they crimp onto your mainline, with a
weight attatched) when fishing for trout and have found them quite
productive.

I would say they'd sit vertical, as it is a float.

That mix sounds ok to me..or you could always go the stale bread, bran and
tuna oil.

I haven't used one of these 'feeder floats' but you should be able to just
rig them like a normal float.

good fishin

-Hunter