Fishing with the family

Old June 3rd, 2004, 01:20 PM
SC

Default Fishing with the family

I'm thinking about taking the wife and my two young kids fishing tommorow.
Does anyone know of any decent places within travelling distance of
Uxbridge, West London where I can fish and the the kids can run around?
TIA
Steve

Old June 3rd, 2004, 08:16 PM
andicee

SC wrote:
I'm thinking about taking the wife and my two young kids fishing
tommorow. Does anyone know of any decent places within travelling
distance of Uxbridge, West London where I can fish and the the kids
can run around? TIA
Steve

Hiya Steve

I am a complete novice to fishing and have just started to check out this
group for a few pointers. My experience of fishing is limited to a few
sessions last year and twice this. We had a nice time down by Staines bridge
last year. I have a (now) 8 year old girl myself and we went with my mate,
his wife and two boys (10 & 12) and there is plenty of room to run around
without too much hassle. Pub just up the road too. Caught my first fish
there. Approaching from Staines town centre do a right before going over the
bridge and park in the car park immediately on the left.. I must warn you
tho; you won't get much fishing done with the kids there!!
Good luck

Andy

PS hi to everyone else. Promise to keep to myself till I get the gist of the
group!

Old June 3rd, 2004, 11:11 PM
Baal

And I hope the kids don't disturb the other anglers!

OBTW I have 3 rugrats but they are 19. 17 & 13. Only the 13 yo fishes - so
the others stay at home (or in the pub!).

--
I smile and go off waving
(Amiably) - for that's my way

Baal

http://www.helden.co.uk

Old June 4th, 2004, 12:09 PM
andicee

Baal wrote:
And I hope the kids don't disturb the other anglers!

OBTW I have 3 rugrats but they are 19. 17 & 13. Only the 13 yo
fishes - so the others stay at home (or in the pub!).

Point taken, but I should have added that we were all fishing, even my
littl'un. Taught her the basics of float fishing (even with my ltd
experience) and she was more than happy to dangle her rod out in the water.

"I must warn you tho; you won't get much fishing done with the kids there!!
Good luck"

This refers to keeping the kids under control once they're bored. My mates
kids, even tho older were easily bored and did start to run around, and
being boys were rather boisterous and noisy. However this quiet little spot
had no other anglers fishing at the time.

The next time we went was just under the bridge at J13 of the M25 (A30 turn
off) which has a cycle track/path running alonside it. MUCH better for the
kids although it's harder to keep an eye on them.

Andy

Baal

http://www.helden.co.uk