Geneva IL???

Old May 28th, 2008, 08:10 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
QUAKEnSHAKE

Default Geneva IL???

Longshot here but Ill ask.

Any small local lakes/ponds in the area of Geneva IL? Oh within 5 miles
or so.

The St Croix rod Ive been wanting is in stock at the Gander Mountain
there on Randall Rd. I thought while Im over there to try a place if
there are any.
Thanks

Old May 28th, 2008, 11:45 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
DK[_3_]

QUAKEnSHAKE wrote:
Longshot here but Ill ask.

Any small local lakes/ponds in the area of Geneva IL? Oh within 5 miles
or so.

The St Croix rod Ive been wanting is in stock at the Gander Mountain
there on Randall Rd. I thought while Im over there to try a place if
there are any.
Thanks

I'm not sure of any lakes or ponds but the fox river runs through
Geneva, IL.
Old May 29th, 2008, 04:28 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Larry Runkle

"QUAKEnSHAKE" wrote in message
Longshot here but Ill ask.

Any small local lakes/ponds in the area of Geneva IL? Oh within 5 miles
or so.

The St Croix rod Ive been wanting is in stock at the Gander Mountain
there on Randall Rd. I thought while Im over there to try a place if
there are any.
Thanks

Try this web site... http://www.fishingworks.com/lakes/

Hit your state and then your county and it might show some you some lakes or
ponds in your area. The data is old I think, some of the ponds listed in my
county are now subdivisions, or a golf course, but it did list the ones I
fish.

Hope it helps some.

Larry

Old May 30th, 2008, 03:44 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Chicago Paddling-Fishing

QUAKEnSHAKE wrote:
Longshot here but Ill ask.

Any small local lakes/ponds in the area of Geneva IL? Oh within 5 miles
or so.

The St Croix rod Ive been wanting is in stock at the Gander Mountain
there on Randall Rd. I thought while Im over there to try a place if
there are any.
Thanks

Are you near Jerico or Spring Lake?

http://www.chicagopaddling.org has a map and you can click on blue bodies to
find info on the lake or river. There is also an option to just list lakes
covered by county.

http://www.chicagofishing.org is a list of lakes that you can sort based on
criteria such a fish species... it lists counties next to the lake name but
it's in alphabetical order.

I don't get out that way often, although 2 of my kids attend college out in
DeKalb now so I probably should be out that way more often...

--
John Nelson
Chicago Area Paddling/Fishing Page
Old June 3rd, 2008, 12:36 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
QUAKEnSHAKE

THANKS
I checked the sites suggested and planned on trying Peck Lake but my
plans were changed once the wife decided she wanted to tag along and go
shopping too.

I did get the St Croix rod Ive been wanting for quite a while so all is
good.

Old June 3rd, 2008, 01:21 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Chicago Paddling-Fishing

QUAKEnSHAKE wrote:
THANKS
I checked the sites suggested and planned on trying Peck Lake but my
plans were changed once the wife decided she wanted to tag along and go
shopping too.

shiver

I did get the St Croix rod Ive been wanting for quite a while so all is
good.

Spring Lake is within a mile of Fox Valley Mall... drop her off... you can
also bring a small, hand launched boat if you have one there.

http://www.chicagopaddling.org/spring.html

Patterson Lake is also near, but not as close as Spring Lake...