Tide timetables

Old June 25th, 2004, 04:32 PM
Crumpled

Default Tide timetables

Can anyone tell me a good online resource for tide times and the lunar
cycle for the west country, especially south cornwall.

Thanks
Scott
Old June 25th, 2004, 07:27 PM
Ian Sutherland

"Crumpled" wrote in message
om...
Can anyone tell me a good online resource for tide times and the lunar
cycle for the west country, especially south cornwall.

Thanks
Scott

Try here http://easytide.ukho.gov.uk/EasyTide...ide/index.aspx

although the additional info about moon phase costs money.

Regards,

Ian Sutherland

---

Old June 26th, 2004, 08:21 AM
Stephen Mason

On 25 Jun 2004 08:32:04 -0700, (Crumpled)
wrote:

Can anyone tell me a good online resource for tide times and the lunar
cycle for the west country, especially south cornwall.

Thanks
Scott

you could try
http://www.wxtide32.com

not an online resource, but you can download the program for free, and
it will do what you want for anywhere, let alone Cornwall.

Hope this helps

Steve Mason
Old June 26th, 2004, 08:56 AM
Ian Sutherland

you could try http://www.wxtide32.com

not an online resource, but you can download the program for free, and
it will do what you want for anywhere, let alone Cornwall.

Hope this helps

Steve Mason

The latest versions of WXTide do not contain UK data (apart from a few
limited ports). They were forced to remove it at the request of the UK
Hydrographic Office.

Ian Sutherland

---

Old June 26th, 2004, 12:39 PM
winz

http://tinyurl.com/3aoe4
or
http://tinyurl.com/358ta

HTH

Old June 26th, 2004, 05:43 PM
ThomasFerris

Steve
I know that this wasn't meant for me but I've just downloaded the program
and it looks to be very good.

Thanks for the link

Tommy

news

Old June 27th, 2004, 07:39 AM
Stephen Mason

On Sat, 26 Jun 2004 08:56:49 +0100, "Ian Sutherland"
wrote:

you could try http://www.wxtide32.com

not an online resource, but you can download the program for free, and
it will do what you want for anywhere, let alone Cornwall.

Hope this helps

Steve Mason

The latest versions of WXTide do not contain UK data (apart from a few
limited ports). They were forced to remove it at the request of the UK
Hydrographic Office.

Ian Sutherland

Hi

latest on the web site says they've added an additional 44 ports in
England, Ireland & Scotland, total 112, but I guess you've checked
this and it's not suitable for your needs.

I saw http://easytide.ukho.gov.uk/EasyTide...ide/index.aspx
in one of the fishing magazines. Seems good if you don't mind paying
for the service.

I did have an old version with UK data, it went along with my old PC
when it died :-)

The WXtide site does have a list of other online resources the
original poster might want to try under the "toys and tools" heading.

Good fishing

Steve
Old June 27th, 2004, 08:44 AM
Ian Sutherland

wrote:

[...]

I managed to find a copy of the last version to include full UK data
somewhere on the Web some time ago, & presumably if you troll around, it's
still there.

I normally just use the
http://easytide.ukho.gov.uk/EasyTide...ide/index.aspx
site, since the predictions are more accurate anyway. You have to register
to use the site, but it's free. There is a "pay part" for extra
information, for those who want it.

Regards,

Ian Sutherland

---