It's GONE :-(

Old September 16th, 2004, 04:11 PM
Rodney

Default It's GONE :-(

:-( My favorite salt water pier is gone,, Ivan destroyed it last
night,, totally,, 825 feet of 100% concrete fishing pleasure, a place I
have spent thousands of hours on, a place where I would rather fish,
than charter a boat. The pier cost millions, it was 22 feet above the
water, and knowing my state, if they rebuild it , it will take many
years to do it

I ask for a moment of silence at the loss of the ALabama State pier at
Gulf Shores
--
Rodney Long,
Inventor of the Long Shot "WIGGLE" rig, SpecTastic Thread
Old September 16th, 2004, 04:26 PM
Harry Krause

Rodney wrote:
:-( My favorite salt water pier is gone,, Ivan destroyed it last
night,, totally,, 825 feet of 100% concrete fishing pleasure, a place I
have spent thousands of hours on, a place where I would rather fish,
than charter a boat. The pier cost millions, it was 22 feet above the
water, and knowing my state, if they rebuild it , it will take many
years to do it

I ask for a moment of silence at the loss of the ALabama State pier at
Gulf Shores

Good grief...that's sad news indeed. Even though I usually fish from
boats, when I'[m traveling and have a few hours to spare, I always check
out the possibilities of a nice fishing pier.

--
Not dead, in jail, or a slave? Thank a liberal!
And don't forget to pay your taxes so the rich don't have to!

Old September 18th, 2004, 01:52 PM
Charlie Bress

That's unfortunate.
But with the loss of so many lives and the losses to homes and businesses,
the loss of a pier is a ****hole in the snow.
There is a lot more to be done but grieve for the loss of entertainment.

Support the Red Cross, Salvation Army or other appropriate relief
organization.

Charlie
North Port, Florida

Old September 18th, 2004, 03:58 PM
Rodney

Charlie Bress wrote:
That's unfortunate.
But with the loss of so many lives and the losses to homes and businesses,
the loss of a pier is a ****hole in the snow.
There is a lot more to be done but grieve for the loss of entertainment.

Very true

But this is a sal****er fishing news group,, and I thought some of the
readers would like to know about the loss of this great fishing resource

Old September 30th, 2004, 11:55 PM
STEPHEN PEEK

I share your grief, Rodney. That pier was the location of my first pier
dance (30 lb. king mack). It will be sorely missed.
Steve