The Future of Fly Fishing in America ?

Old November 26th, 2004, 02:31 PM
Ken Fortenberry

Default The Future of Fly Fishing in America ?

http://travel2.nytimes.com/2004/11/2...es/26FISH.html

I like the part where they call $75,000 up front and $5,000
a year a "modest investment."

And what's up with Lefty ? I thought he was one of us !

--
Ken Fortenberry
Old November 26th, 2004, 02:39 PM
Tim J.

Ken Fortenberry wrote:
http://travel2.nytimes.com/2004/11/2...es/26FISH.html

I like the part where they call $75,000 up front and $5,000
a year a "modest investment."

And what's up with Lefty ? I thought he was one of us !

Yeah. My Kreh number just shot up considerably.
--
TL,
Tim

Old November 26th, 2004, 03:28 PM
Wayne Knight

"Ken Fortenberry" wrote in message
. com...
http://travel2.nytimes.com/2004/11/2...es/26FISH.html

And what's up with Lefty ? I thought he was one of us !

A reminder that a few years ago some folks on ROFF took offense to my
calling Mr. Kreh a whore. How much do you want to bet as a "charter" member
he didn't pay an initiation fee? But if you got the money and want to play
there, good for those who can.

I received a "private" invite to join a few months ago. Whoever put my name
on that mailing list has my discretionary income significantly overstated.

Wayne

Old November 26th, 2004, 04:36 PM
George Cleveland

On Fri, 26 Nov 2004 14:31:27 GMT, Ken Fortenberry
wrote:

http://travel2.nytimes.com/2004/11/2...es/26FISH.html

I like the part where they call $75,000 up front and $5,000
a year a "modest investment."

And what's up with Lefty ? I thought he was one of us !

This makes me understand why poachers are considered folk heoes in
certain places. I bet that 4 lb brown would smoke up real well.

g.c.

Old November 26th, 2004, 04:37 PM
JR

Ken Fortenberry wrote:

And what's up with Lefty ? I thought he was one of us !

"Many years ago, when there were more fish and less people, fly-fishing
didn't make much of an impact," Mr. Kreh said. "But now, if a certain
amount of public water is not put into private hands, we're going to be in
trouble."

No Temple Fork rods in MY future, Lefty.

JR
Old November 26th, 2004, 05:51 PM
B J Conner

"Ken Fortenberry" wrote in message
. com...
http://travel2.nytimes.com/2004/11/2...es/26FISH.html

I like the part where they call $75,000 up front and $5,000
a year a "modest investment."

And what's up with Lefty ? I thought he was one of us !

--
Ken Fortenberry

It's just a preview of the future under the neo-con oligarchy. If anyone
voted for Bush and his gang of thieves you don't have a bitch coming.
Someday when they have privatized the national forest and sold all the best
rivers to Browning and his ilk the western clave will have to held in a city
park in Spokane or somewhere similar. Your children and grandchildren can
set around the fire and tell tales of how good it use to be in grandpas
day.
As I have said before save all those articles on fly-fishing for Carp. The
income that most roffians seem to have will evolve them out or trout
fishing.
If one wants to sample the future now, I think he cold do so by taking a
trout fishing holiday to the UK.