Good Superlines apart from powerPro?

Old April 13th, 2004, 11:51 PM
Tilman Fliegel

Default Good Superlines apart from powerPro?

Has anybody who knows powerpro fished stren super braid or tuf line XP? How
do they compare to PP? Personally I quite like powerpro, but think there
could be something better: a) which doesn't lose so much coating while
filling the reel b) which is somehow more abrasion resistant (the main
weakness of all superlines).
Apart from powerpro, so far I really like Stroft gtp, but it is quite
expensive.

Old April 14th, 2004, 12:39 AM
alwayfishking

Stren superbraid, doesn't breakdown much as quickly as the power pro or
fireline. I only spool up with the stren now. Very smooth casting, although
I have not tried it out on my spinning reels, only the baitcasters. If
fishing a lot of lillypads and stuff, I would put up with the noisy,
discolored fireline, it just rips lilly pads right out. IMO

Old April 14th, 2004, 02:50 AM
QUAKEnSHAKE

I use both PowerPro 10# and Super Braid 8#. I like the PP better. The
coating on PP didnt come off nearly as bad as SB. I feel the PP loosened
up quicker too. My spool of Super Braid had quite a bit more "green
stuff" coating on it that gunked up my reel. I needed to clean my reel 4
times cause of build-up. That green stuff is wearing off now even more
and the line is now off-white, green, off-white, green pattern. The
Super Braid seems to make a bit more noise going thru the guides. Both
my rods use Fuji AO guides I dont have any wear on the guides. I would
have returned the SB but bought it at a BPS 70 miles away. I wont buy it
again, just like the PP better. Im going to try Stren Florocarbon
though.

Ray

Old April 14th, 2004, 03:00 AM
Charles B. Summers

I'm not a huge fan of any of the superlines, but the one time I used the
Stren SuperBraid I liked it. I still have it spooled onto my Carolina
Rigging rod and it still has its' color. The Tuf Line XP is crap! That stuff
turns white almost as fast as the water hits it and leaves your fingers with
an almost permanent stripe if you hold it while spooling.

I'm giving PP a chance now just to see how well I like that stuff... can't
comment on it yet.

--
Charles Summers
Secret Weapon Lures