whip finish

Old March 2nd, 2007, 04:26 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Larry and a Cat named Dub

Default whip finish

Does anyone know of a web site that shows a animated whip finish? I had one
that used a step by step with a red colored display and erased it
accidentally. I have some on Google but not near as good as the site I am
looking for
It was set up step by step
I want to pass this site on to a newbie class thanks

Old March 2nd, 2007, 04:37 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Tim J.

Larry and a Cat named Dub typed:

It's not animated, but it might help: http://tinyurl.com/22f5wg
--
TL,
Tim

Old March 2nd, 2007, 04:39 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Tim J.

Ooo, found one: http://www.sexyloops.com/flytying/whipfinishag.shtml
--
TL,
Tim

Old March 2nd, 2007, 05:06 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
daytripper

On Fri, 02 Mar 2007 04:26:33 GMT, "Larry and a Cat named Dub"
wrote:

Does anyone know of a web site that shows a animated whip finish? I had one
that used a step by step with a red colored display and erased it
accidentally. I have some on Google but not near as good as the site I am
looking for
It was set up step by step
I want to pass this site on to a newbie class thanks

Harry Mason has what should be an animated whip finish but for some reason I
can't get the animation to load. In case it's a problem at my end, here's the
link:
http://www.troutflies.com/tutorials/whip_finish/

Here's one that works he
http://www.sexyloops.com/flytying/whipfinishag.shtml

Here's a YouTube video - finally, a good use for that site ;-)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFDjS-UuJVA

This isn't animated, but it shows how to whip without a tool:
http://home.swipnet.se/~w-71486/whippeneng.htm

/daytripper
Old March 2nd, 2007, 08:50 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Sandy Birrell

wrote:

Does anyone know of a web site that shows a animated whip finish?
I had one that used a step by step with a red colored display and
erased it accidentally. I have some on Google but not near as good
as the site I am looking for
It was set up step by step
I want to pass this site on to a newbie class thanks

This one?

http://www.tie1on.net/whipanim.htm

--

Don`t Worry, Be Happy

Sandy
--

E-Mail:-
Website:-
Old March 2nd, 2007, 03:41 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
mario[_2_]

http://www.sexyloops.com/flytying/whipfinishag.shtml

u can see it. but a i prefer do 3 turns i the video, he do 1

good luck, i not easy to learn, but is very easy tu do

mario

Old March 3rd, 2007, 01:10 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
W. D. Grey

In article , daytripper
writes
This isn't animated, but it shows how to whip without a tool:
http://home.swipnet.se/~w-71486/whippeneng.htm

Easier to perform and probably quicker too.
--
Bill Grey

Old March 3rd, 2007, 02:17 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
daytripper

On Sat, 3 Mar 2007 13:10:04 +0000, "W. D. Grey"
wrote:

In article , daytripper
writes
This isn't animated, but it shows how to whip without a tool:
http://home.swipnet.se/~w-71486/whippeneng.htm

Easier to perform and probably quicker too.

It can be, but if the skin on your hands is all roughed up like mine tend to
get during the winter tying season, snagging the thread makes the whole thing
a major pita, to the point that the Matarelli tool is actually faster and
neater...

/daytripper
Old March 3rd, 2007, 08:10 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
W. D. Grey

In article , daytripper
writes
On Sat, 3 Mar 2007 13:10:04 +0000, "W. D. Grey"
wrote:

In article , daytripper
writes
This isn't animated, but it shows how to whip without a tool:
http://home.swipnet.se/~w-71486/whippeneng.htm

Easier to perform and probably quicker too.

It can be, but if the skin on your hands is all roughed up like mine tend to
get during the winter tying season, snagging the thread makes the whole thing
a major pita, to the point that the Matarelli tool is actually faster and
neater...

/daytripper

Agreed, rough skin can mess up the whole project.

They say kneading dough to make bread smoothes the skin like silk :-)
--
Bill Grey

Old March 3rd, 2007, 09:01 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
[email protected]

On Sat, 3 Mar 2007 20:10:33 +0000, "W. D. Grey"
wrote:

In article , daytripper
writes
On Sat, 3 Mar 2007 13:10:04 +0000, "W. D. Grey"
wrote:

In article , daytripper
writes
This isn't animated, but it shows how to whip without a tool:
http://home.swipnet.se/~w-71486/whippeneng.htm

Easier to perform and probably quicker too.

It can be, but if the skin on your hands is all roughed up like mine tend to
get during the winter tying season, snagging the thread makes the whole thing
a major pita, to the point that the Matarelli tool is actually faster and
neater...

/daytripper

Agreed, rough skin can mess up the whole project.

They say kneading dough to make bread smoothes the skin like silk :-)

So does Gin..., er, Albolene...

TC,