Does Fishing Boat Color Matter

Old February 24th, 2004, 02:28 AM
Ivan Watkins

Default Does Fishing Boat Color Matter

Hi,
I am having a boat shipped to me and at first the color I had chosen
was an aluminum color (light grey). However, when I saw the off white model
of the boat I thought.. man. that is a beautiful boat. My boat will mainly
be used to take me and my boys fishing. I've noticed that some boats have
dark hulls and some have white. For fishing in all honesty does it matter
what color the bottom of your boat is?

Old February 24th, 2004, 02:33 AM
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers

"Ivan Watkins" wrote in message
. com...
Hi,
I am having a boat shipped to me and at first the color I had chosen
was an aluminum color (light grey). However, when I saw the off white

model
of the boat I thought.. man. that is a beautiful boat. My boat will

mainly
be used to take me and my boys fishing. I've noticed that some boats have
dark hulls and some have white. For fishing in all honesty does it matter
what color the bottom of your boat is?

My hull is white, I've owned green, gray, dark blue and aluminum. I've
never really noticed any difference in catch rates with different colors.
And I fish a lot for muskie and pike, fish notorious for following a lure to
the boat and striking it right at boatside with a foot of line off the rod
tip.
--
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com

Old February 24th, 2004, 02:40 AM
Ivan Watkins

Thanks Steve.. that makes me feel even better now.. Not only will I love
what I'm riding in but enjoying fishing to. Thanks for the quick response.

Ivan

"Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers" wrote in
message ...

Old February 24th, 2004, 03:31 AM
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers

"Ivan Watkins" wrote in message
. com...
Thanks Steve.. that makes me feel even better now.. Not only will I love
what I'm riding in but enjoying fishing to. Thanks for the quick

response.

Not a problem. You can either ask here or on my website, in the forums.

Old February 24th, 2004, 04:50 PM
Bob La Londe

There is a superstition amoung bass fishermen about fishing out of a red
boat. Supposedly it scares off fish, but it sounds like a lot of hooey to
me.

Old February 25th, 2004, 05:56 AM
licker

It may matter only to the owner. Lighter the color the more like it could
stain. Especially a fiberglass boat used in sal****er. That horrible
yellow looking water line stain.

Sarge

Old March 1st, 2004, 04:01 AM
Charles Summers

Don't tell that to Warren!

--
Charles B. Summers
Secret Weapon Lures

Old March 7th, 2004, 05:59 PM
Rivers North

I've been told by someone somewhere that the color green is one the fish
like...I have way too much time to work on my boat so I have polished the
Aluminum sides and bottom of my jetboat to a mirror finish...I have a Green
paint job on the top half of my boat....Plugging or back bouncing with a
20ft long flasher in front and the action is outstanding...I also anchor up
in a foot of water and start fly fishing for Sock-eye and I have lots of
hits right beside the boat..gord p