Carp Ground Baits

Old December 29th, 2003, 08:13 PM
Harry

Default Carp Ground Baits

Hi, any experience on ground bait for Carp? Winter or Summer.

Dynamite Baits seem good. Or stick with a bed of Hemp?

Old December 29th, 2003, 08:44 PM
Hoot!!!

Try A dog food called ventalin
cheaper than shop ground bait

Old December 29th, 2003, 09:56 PM
Brownz

"Hoot!!!" (nospam) wrote in message
Try A dog food called ventalin
cheaper than shop ground bait

is that especially for asthmatic dogs ?

;-)

Cheerz - Brownz
http://fishing.brownz.org/

Old December 29th, 2003, 10:48 PM
Mark Fry

"Brownz" wrote in message
"Hoot!!!" (nospam) wrote in message
Try A dog food called ventalin
cheaper than shop ground bait

is that especially for asthmatic dogs ?

;-)

Cheerz - Brownz
http://fishing.brownz.org/

I think he meant vitalin. Good for the method and not a bad groundbait in
summer. It all depends on how hungry the fish are, where you're fishing. But
sweetcorn seems to be one of the best baits for Winter, a couple of pieces
hair-rigged and about a dozen free offerings, either pva bagged or pva hair
onto the hook for presentation. That might just do the trick.

Getting back to the vitalin, when my dogs were pups, there was a bitch's
milk substitute, I think it was called Lactolin, which was high in protein,
goodness and aminos for growing dogs. They used to love it. My point is, if
used in either a boilie mix or with vitalin, I wonder if the fish would like
it as much as the dogs did?

Good Luck. Mark

Old December 30th, 2003, 11:16 AM
Hoot!!!

Cant spell

I blame the Beer!!!!!!!!

Old December 30th, 2003, 04:28 PM
colona

It may not be a very good idea to feed a lot of groundbait to carp at this
time of the year. Their digestive systems are semi-shut down and at worst,
you may kill them! Keep feed to an absolute minimum, and use something they
can assimilate easily, eg bread. On no account use nuts!

Richard Bailey

Old December 30th, 2003, 08:41 PM
Hoot!!!

Dont use anything with lots of oil.

Old December 31st, 2003, 11:32 PM
Dave Smith - www.the-future-is.co.uk

"colona" wrote in message
It may not be a very good idea to feed a lot of groundbait to carp at this
time of the year. Their digestive systems are semi-shut down and at

worst,
you may kill them! Keep feed to an absolute minimum, and use something

they
can assimilate easily, eg bread. On no account use nuts!

Richard Bailey

Sorry Richard,

I'm not an out and out carp fisherman, prefering to switch to Pike etc.
during the winter.

I don't see how heavily feeding groundbait of whatever make can interfere
with a carps' digestive system to the point of death?
surley a carp knows when it's had enough and stops feeding?
Carp and other fish do slow down metabolically during cold weather so I
would reduce feed levels because they don't eat as much not because I might
kill them?!?!
and why no nuts? must admitt I've never used them as I'm having good results
on other baits but why not use them?

I'm not "having a go" Richard I'm just interested in your reasoning.

kind regards

Old December 31st, 2003, 11:34 PM
Dave Smith - www.the-future-is.co.uk

"Hoot!!!" (nospam) wrote in message
Dont use anything with lots of oil.

Hoot

I pack my deads with fish oil and I'm have good success with it at present
am I doing something wrong?
why not use oils for carp?

Old January 2nd, 2004, 06:33 PM
Hoot!!!

Too much oil in the winter makes them ill (so they dont feed) or it can kill
them

You could use mobil 1