Boom Lake III

Old August 8th, 2004, 10:12 PM
Dan, danl, danny boy, Redbeard, actually Greybeard

Default Boom Lake III

Well I spent about 4 hours on Boom this morning/fternoon.
Hey Warren, how many keepers did you catch there in one day?
I got 4, yes four, in a three hour period that were between 14 1/4 and
16 inches. All Largemouth!

I finally found a pattern that worked and a lure they wanted. Now I
hope it holds till the Classic because I am going to be in Milwaukee
for the next 2 weekends. First is the oldest grandson's birthday and
the next weekend is my buddie's daughters wedding on Sat., and my old
fishing partner is coming back to town and I want to fish Sunday with
him.

AH, it feels good to catch fish on Boom :} See you guys at the
Classic.

Remove the x for e-mail reply
www.outdoorfrontiers.com
Old August 9th, 2004, 03:04 AM
go-bassn

Well Dan, you've done what I've been unable to do in about 8 days on Boom.
My keeper total in those 8 days is 1. I've got about 100 shorts but Boom
has been doom for me. I hope your pattern holds up too bud.

Warren
--
http://www.warrenwolk.com/
http://www.tri-statebassmasters.com

news

Old August 9th, 2004, 04:04 AM
Dan, danl, danny boy, Redbeard, actually Greybeard

It could go south on me, but lets hope not. After talking with Muskie
fishermen on Boom, I figured the Largemouth Bass really were hiding.
Ya darn near gotta hit em in the head with it or they ignore it. It
was fun trying to figure out what they were doing.

BTW, it is a pattern I think you tried. Maybe I just had more
patience.

I still have not found decent smallies but I was too tired today to
spend any more time. I had to get home and do the wash and shop for
groceries. I still want to hit the Crappie spots I found for some to
eat. MMM good.

The Wisconsin River above the dam above Merrill is giving me fits. I
went there with a friend Sat. morning and we got some smallies, 3
apiece, but no size to them. Biggest was about 14 inches. Later, I
was at Chips burger drive in and started talking with a guy I had seen
out that morning and he said they were hitting jig and pigs. # 11
rind and a 1/4 ounce jig. I never would have thought that would be a
good bait for Smallies. Like I say at work, I'm disapointed if I do
not learn something new each day.

This new water business has been hard on me. In the Milwaukee area I
had over 10 lakes I was familiar with. Here it is all testing and
trying different methods. I have put a lot of the knowledge you and
others share out here to good use on the new waters.

There are two young men that are the sons of the receptionist at work
that go out with me on a regular basis. The older one left for
college in SC yesterday. I need to find out his exact location so I
can see if anyone out here would like to take him fishing. He listens
and asks lots of questions. Keeps me on my toes trying to catch more
than him. He remembers everything I mention and watches me pretty
close. The younger one (18) keeps getting frustrated by not catching
as many fish as I do. I think his main problem is not concentrating
on what he is doing. I think he is just so happy to live near water
that he can fish every day that he forgets to set the hook :}

On Sun, 8 Aug 2004 22:04:20 -0400, "go-bassn"
sent into the ether:

Old August 9th, 2004, 05:08 PM
RGarri7470

" he said they were hitting jig and pigs. # 11
rind and a 1/4 ounce jig. I never would have thought that would be a
good bait for Smallies. "

I don't have a lot of experience with smallmouth, caught my first one three
years ago on Boom, but that has been a good bait for me and I had read over the
years that a jig and pig is one of the best baits for smallmouth.
Ronnie

http://fishing.about.com