Highly Off-Topic... but

Old April 22nd, 2007, 02:49 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
MoiMoi

Default Highly Off-Topic... but

In article ,
says...
MoiMoi wrote:
In article ,
says...
Charles Summers wrote:
I was kidding about the rod Steve, but if I were to ever go tarpon
fishing.... I'd consider it.

Hope you live a nice long time Steve... with or without my rod warrenty.

Tarpon are 150lb+ fish that don't tire quickly. You would do better
with a lot of other ocean fish than a tarpon with a light rod.

Dan

Perhaps it's a matter of perspective, but I think tarpon tire QUITE
quickly. I've caught up to 40 pounders on fly rod in 5 minutes or so. On
20 lb leaders. Same flyrod I've used for bass and bream at home. Seen
bigger ones caught on regular heavier tackle even quicker.
They jump themselves out of energy.
I've always considered them big versions of our skipjack herring
("Tennessee Tarpon").

MM

I've caught a few small ones on light tackle and they were pretty easy
to bring in. I also caught two that were both over 150# (according to
the guide) and they both took 40 minutes or more and he had to chase
them with the boat.

Well, that's about right for one of that size on light tackle.

Now if you hook a 60# wahoo on a 25# rig, you have a serious fight on
your hands!

Dan

I'm sure that's true from what I've heard, never caught one.
I've caught snook, barracuda, bonefish, spanish and king mackerel,
different jacks, couple of cobia. Any of them, pound for pound give a
stronger sustained fight than tarpon. And most bottom fish do too.

Heck, far as that goes, a grunt fights harder than a tarpon pound for
pound. You probably couldn't land a 150 lb grunt with an anchor winch,
just like 150lb bluegill!

MM
Old April 22nd, 2007, 04:10 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Fishking

ahh give me a 18lb bluefish on 8 lb test anyday. Now that my friends was a
fight, talk about a fish that didn't give up easy

--
WWW.GOTOBAITS.COM
PREMIUM HAND POURED BAITS
"MoiMoi" wrote in message
t...
In article ,
says...
MoiMoi wrote:
In article ,
says...

Old April 25th, 2007, 02:12 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Charles Summers

I guess that change is inevitable...

"Joshuall" wrote in message
. ..
did you fall off yer bike ? AGAIN ? grin

--
God Bless America

Josh The Bad Bear

Old April 25th, 2007, 02:12 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Charles Summers

Except from vending machines...

"Charles Summers" wrote in message
. ..