boots in canoe

Old June 2nd, 2006, 04:00 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass

Default boots in canoe

I happened to be using my canoe to scout out areas to fish prior to the
bass season opener. I wore my rubber boots in the canoe. I had on my
pfd. I found it very convenient to wear the boots since my feet did not
get wet on launching and landing. Also flies did not get at my ankles.
I notice that trappers often wear boots in a canoe. Is this safe I
assume it's possible to kick off the boots if the canoe tipped over.
Thanks

Old June 2nd, 2006, 05:51 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass

Al... I may have picked on you in the past, but that doesn't mean that I
would ever wish you any harm. So, I'm telling you, and anyone else that
bothers to read this, that wearing rubber boots anywhere near water deeper
than your shoulders is a VERY BAD idea. I'm saying this from a personal
experience.... there is NO WAY you'll be able to remove those anchors if you
suddenly find yourself overboard over your head.

Get some Off for the flies, or at least wash your feet... but leave the
boots at home.

ups.com...