lead tape

Old February 17th, 2008, 03:43 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
Lushy

Default lead tape

Thanks fellows - I want to make them up using a Blonde pattern with a
weighted fly for Barramundi.
I suppose a bull shaped mold of say a once might just do the job.
Lushy in Australia

Old February 17th, 2008, 05:11 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
LabRat

leadhead managed to spew a response in
rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying on Fri 11 Jan 2008 08:24:21a:

Does anyone know where I can get lead tape(strips) or similar.

thanks,

lh

For Pete's Sake!

You can get it at any fly shop. What diameter would you like?

Look around yourself.

Sincerely

Later......

LabRat...... |:^{)

Old February 17th, 2008, 05:14 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
LabRat

Doubletaper managed to spew a response
in rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying on Fri 11 Jan 2008 03:49:56p:

Go to any golf repair shop and they will have it. It's used to change
the swing weight of a golf club

Are you as stupid as you type?

Later......

LabRat...... |:^{)

Old February 17th, 2008, 05:41 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
LabRat

leadhead managed to spew a response in
rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying on Sat 12 Jan 2008 06:33:21a:

Thanks again,

I think I'll stay away from the golf shops though. That looks like
one of those sports a guy could get obsessed with and spend alot of
money. Unlike fly fishing!
:rofl:

lh

Jeez, an ex-golpher that figured it out.

Golf/fish = FISH!

Good boy, tell your momma.

Tell her LabRat says so.

And he does.

--
Later......

LabRat...... |:^{)

Old February 17th, 2008, 03:21 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
coolkyle[_6_]

Labrat;106763 Wrote:
Doubletaper managed to spew a
response
in rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying on Fri 11 Jan 2008 03:49:56p:

Go to any golf repair shop and they will have it. It's used to change
the swing weight of a golf club

Are you as stupid as you type?

Later......

LabRat...... |:^{)

LabRat, if that's how you choose to interact with other fishermen,
people really don't want you on here. Furthermore, I really hope I
don't run into an abrasive, disrespectful attitude such as yours when I
start hitting NJ's streams, because it's unacceptable on the river as
well pal.

--
coolkyle
Old February 18th, 2008, 09:28 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
Wolfgang

"Labrat" wrote in message
leadhead managed to spew a response in
rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying on Fri 11 Jan 2008 08:24:21a:

Does anyone know where I can get lead tape(strips) or similar.

thanks,

lh

For Pete's Sake!

You can get it at any fly shop. What diameter would you like?

Look around yourself.

Sincerely

Later......

LabRat...... |:^{)

It occurs to me that, as was suggested by another reader here, some of you
guys are still unaware that your messages are being posted to
rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying as well as your New Jersey message board.
Ordinarily this isn't much of a problem (despite the excruciating cleverness
so many of you flaunt so lavishly), but if your members are going to insist
on spewing forth brain-dead trash about the "diameter" of lead tape in an
endeavor to display even MORE excruciating cleverness, y'all are going to
get boring real quickly. This newsgroup has always been a pretty nice
place. How about you take you wit back where you can all impress EVERYBODY
who reads? O.k.?

Thanks.

Wolfgang

Old February 18th, 2008, 10:14 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
Pete[_13_]

Wolfgang:
Labrat is not a member of our message board, (at least not with that
user name).
As far as I know, he never was.

--
Pete
Old February 19th, 2008, 03:21 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
Wolfgang

"Pete" wrote in message

Wolfgang:
Labrat is not a member of our message board, (at least not with that
user name).
As far as I know, he never was.

Well, that is presumably interesting enough from a certain particular point
of view.....I guess.....but it doesn't really address the core issue.
Consider what your own reaction might be to another group's messages showing
up regularly in your forum. Is it likely that you would be pleased?

Wolfgang

Old February 20th, 2008, 04:31 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
leadhead[_8_]

As per CDOG's suggestion, I was able to pick up some lead tape at
Ramsey's. Thanks Cdog! As far as the unhelpful comments from other
websites: I stated I was looking for tape, not wire. I had looked in
alot of stores and online but could not find anyone who stocked it. I
think many people thought I was looking for wire, hence the "what
diameter".
Thanks again for those w/ "helpfull" advice.

lh

--
leadhead
Old February 20th, 2008, 05:50 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
Corndog[_46_]

leadhead,

You've probably noticed that threads here tend to drift a bit off
topic.

You start out looking for lead tape and end up learning how to make
jigheads. lol

That's why this site get so many reads. We got all the info you need
plus more extra stuff than you can handle.

Cdog

--
Corndog