AquaVu

Old June 30th, 2004, 06:45 PM
FatBass

Default AquaVu

I was thinking on getting one of these. Any of you guys/gals have one
and can comment? Thanks!
Old July 1st, 2004, 02:38 AM
Jerry Barton \(NervisRek\)

Amen ! I worked at BPS for awhile, and we got the Aqua-Vue's returned
constantly, they leak ! We never got an Atlantis back the 8 months that I
worked there.

"Eric Dreher" wrote in message
On 30 Jun 2004 10:45:43 -0700, (FatBass) wrote:

I was thinking on getting one of these. Any of you guys/gals have one
and can comment? Thanks!

Take a serious look at the Atlantis instead.

-------------------------------------
"We're going to take things away from
you on behalf of the common good."
- Hillary Clinton

Old July 2nd, 2004, 12:58 PM
Steve & Chris Clark

I will second what Eric has posted wholeheartedly. Better system, camera,
carrying case (very, very good case) and monitor, 51/2 B&W or color".
If you look at the two you will see why.
The *only* down side to the Atlantis is it is not a waterproof monitor.
I think only the color unit can be hooked to a VCR too?
I have an Atlantis as well and am very satisfied with it for my third season
now.
--
Stony

"Eric Dreher" wrote in message
On 30 Jun 2004 10:45:43 -0700, (FatBass) wrote:

I was thinking on getting one of these. Any of you guys/gals have one
and can comment? Thanks!

Take a serious look at the Atlantis instead.

-------------------------------------
"We're going to take things away from
you on behalf of the common good."
- Hillary Clinton

---
Checked by AVG anti-virus system (
http://www.grisoft.com).

Old July 2nd, 2004, 02:53 PM
alwaysfishking

how far do these things see on average?
"Eric Dreher" wrote in message
On Fri, 2 Jul 2004 07:58:18 -0400, "Steve & Chris Clark"
wrote:

I will second what Eric has posted wholeheartedly. Better system,

camera,
carrying case (very, very good case) and monitor, 51/2 B&W or color".
If you look at the two you will see why.
The *only* down side to the Atlantis is it is not a waterproof monitor.
I think only the color unit can be hooked to a VCR too?

Wrong on that last one, Steve. You can use the monitor RCA outs
to hook up a VCR or camcorder, using either to record the
Atlantis' camera output.

Amazing unit, as you said.

-------------------------------------

Old July 2nd, 2004, 08:52 PM
Steve & Chris Clark

Well chop my legs off and call me shorty!
Eric, you mean on the B&W units? I'll try to find out what unit/model I
have (he said hopefully) and see if we have the same one!
I think it is the 552M or something like that? Mine has provisions for two
cameras on it. Tell me more, have you done it yet, special cable?
--
Stony

Old July 2nd, 2004, 08:53 PM
Steve & Chris Clark

It depends on your water clarity and the setting you can select on the
monitor, not night vision but there is an enhanced vision called "day" or
"night" settings.
I would estimate a hundred feet or so +/- , my water is quite clear. The
deeper the less though. It's deceiving. Even at 90' you can see very well,
the plant life is very short and sparse.
--
Stony

Old July 2nd, 2004, 10:01 PM
alwaysfishking

cool

"Eric Dreher" wrote in message
On Fri, 2 Jul 2004 15:52:46 -0400, "Steve & Chris Clark"
wrote:

Well chop my legs off and call me shorty!
Eric, you mean on the B&W units? I'll try to find out what unit/model I
have (he said hopefully) and see if we have the same one!
I think it is the 552M or something like that? Mine has provisions for

two
cameras on it. Tell me more, have you done it yet, special cable?

It's the Green&White monitor with standard RCA jacks for output.

I haven't done it yet, but plan on it during the winter when they're
more lethargic. I'll post a few mpg conversions on my web site for
the group.