NWC Pre-Fishing Report - Day one

Old August 23rd, 2005, 12:30 AM
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers

Default NWC Pre-Fishing Report - Day one

Well, we had to do it, Moe and I made the run to Mohawksin so I could start
showing Moe the lake. We started off by having a good smallie chase a fluke
to the boat and take 3 or 4 swipes, missing each time! Talk about
frustration....

But then, we started finding fish, catching a fair number of smallies on a
variety of lures. Flukes, Senkos, Trick Worms and Secret Weapon
Spinnerbaits were working just fine.

During the course of the day, we were cut off several times, with Moe
missing a big muskie that slashed his line. I managed to land a 33 inch
pike due in part to Moe's great net work. It took a Secret Weapon
spinnerbait too.

The lake was fairly good to us today, it's a shame more of you aren't making
the trek north, because I know it's going to be a lot of fun this year.

To see some of the fish we caught today, go to the following links.

http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com/modu...&album=2&pos=0

http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com/modu...&album=2&pos=2

http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com/modu...&album=2&pos=1

--
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com

Old August 23rd, 2005, 01:25 AM
alwaysfishking

Man I hate not being there, I hope everyone weighs limits each day. Damn
Damn Damn..

On a brighter note, Dave V, Jeremy Y and I have started scripting our
first 1 hour DVD to start filming this year with final release by summer of
2006. Wait till you see some of the stuff we have put together, great
fishing with even funnier comedy mixed in.

"Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers" wrote in
message ...

Old August 23rd, 2005, 01:28 AM
Bass_Mr.

Man Oh Man Steve !
Those of us stuck here in the sweltering Sahara-like South are envious to
say the least.Water temps in the 70's and I notice you have on jeans
too.Water temps here in the high 80s-low 90s and if we put on jeans it's an
automatic heat stroke!
I guess it's never to early to plan on next years NWC.
You guys have a blast!

Old August 23rd, 2005, 02:26 AM
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers

"Bass_Mr." wrote in message
.net...
Man Oh Man Steve !
Those of us stuck here in the sweltering Sahara-like South are envious to
say the least.Water temps in the 70's and I notice you have on jeans
too.Water temps here in the high 80s-low 90s and if we put on jeans it's
an automatic heat stroke!
I guess it's never to early to plan on next years NWC.
You guys have a blast!

You do realize that it's not too late to come up here. I do need to talk to
you more in detail about shirts, and this whole trip could be tax
deductible! Heck, it's less than 12 hours from Nashville to
Rhinelander.......
--
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers

Old August 23rd, 2005, 02:56 AM
Bass_Mr.

I like your thinking,I really do.Now if I could sell that idea to the
Bass_Mrs. I would be in the Fishubishi and on my way.I have an appointment
on Friday with a man that possibly wants as many as 10,000 t-shirts.As much
as I long for the great trip North,this deal is too much for me to blow
off.I will enjoy your posts and dream of next year,knowing you guys are
having a great time will do it for me this year.
Maybe I will just call Charles and we can be miserable together.It looks
like he isn't getting much fishing time either.Have a great time pal and win
it will ya.............

Old August 23rd, 2005, 03:12 AM
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers

"Bass_Mr." wrote in message
k.net...
I like your thinking,I really do.Now if I could sell that idea to the
Bass_Mrs. I would be in the Fishubishi and on my way.I have an appointment
on Friday with a man that possibly wants as many as 10,000 t-shirts.As much
as I long for the great trip North,this deal is too much for me to blow
off.I will enjoy your posts and dream of next year,knowing you guys are
having a great time will do it for me this year.
Maybe I will just call Charles and we can be miserable together.It looks
like he isn't getting much fishing time either.Have a great time pal and
win it will ya.............

Oh, don't worry, I will have a great time, I always do at events like this.
But I'll leave with these three words....

Reschedule for Monday.....
--
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers

Old August 23rd, 2005, 03:10 PM
go-bassn

Man, it's my birthday today the big 4-0 but I sure wish I was with you
guys. Why does Moe seem to get younger everytime I see him??? If that old
coot can catch a keeper in WI I'm pretty sure I could. Hopefully next year!

Have a GR8 time guys, good luck to all.

I'm picking Steve to finally win one...

Warren

"Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers" wrote in
message ...

k.net...

Old August 23rd, 2005, 03:37 PM
Chris Rennert

go-bassn wrote:
Man, it's my birthday today the big 4-0 but I sure wish I was with you
guys. Why does Moe seem to get younger everytime I see him??? If that old
coot can catch a keeper in WI I'm pretty sure I could. Hopefully next year!

Have a GR8 time guys, good luck to all.

I'm picking Steve to finally win one...

Warren

"Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers" wrote in
message ...

"Bass_Mr." wrote in message
ink.net...

[...]

Happy B-Day bro! I wish you were going to be at the NWC as well, along
with Charles (still haven't got to meet), Randy (him either), JErry,
Drew, Shawn, and anyone else I missed who frequents the board. Great
group of guys, and I know Mohawksin would be a blash for everyone!

Chris
Old August 24th, 2005, 03:27 PM
alwaysfishking

Gil
Steve

Gary or Ronniey

"Chris Rennert" wrote in message
. ..
go-bassn wrote:
Man, it's my birthday today the big 4-0 but I sure wish I was with you
guys. Why does Moe seem to get younger everytime I see him??? If that
old
coot can catch a keeper in WI I'm pretty sure I could. Hopefully next
year!

Have a GR8 time guys, good luck to all.

I'm picking Steve to finally win one...

Warren