Flyline Dressing?

Old May 12th, 2004, 11:19 AM
Wolfgang

Default Flyline Dressing?

"Warren" wrote in message
wrote...

"Warren" wrote in message
lid wrote...
Au contraire, there is somewhere out there in cyberspace a gruesome
little gnome who will not only thoroughly peruse each and every one
of my missives but will also take the time to insert nasty remarks
and annotations in most of them. And don't you think for one minute
that I don't appreciate it. ;-)

You aren't alone. Haven't you seen the "gnome's" list? g

You ARE alone.

Poor memory too? Here's a refresher:

"In any case, I can't make ROFF be about me. However, you and
Stevie and Dougie and Kennie and Kennie and Charlie and Warren and
Ste and Davie and a few others are doing a fine job of it."

Sometimes it's hard for a teacher to resist the temptation to explain things
to a particularly dull student. But, hey, nobody said it was going to be
easy.

Maybe you need to check google and see how many times you have
replied to me in the same manner as you have Ken.

Why?

It shouldn't be
hard since our two names usually only appear in the same post after
you have replied to me. My two recent replies should be easy enough
to separate.

Hm......Jabberwocky?.....Edward Lear?

Get more guns.

I am too busy trying to find RNA in viruses and reclassifying
animals and insects into something less fictitious than by species.
I could use more help with dissections though. Are you interested?

Can't do it. Too busy. I got this vivisection thing going on.

My work is an attempt to prove your brilliant theories on the
subject.

Which ones? Come on, tell!.......I just LOVE it when you talk about ME!

Warren (who is going back to paying you the amount of attention that
you really deserve: none)

Ooh, drat! Back in the penalty box, huh?

Wolfgang
who doesn't take punishment well.

Old May 12th, 2004, 12:34 PM
Stan Gula

wrote in message ...
No but I have heard of people using it. I have also used Scotch Guard....I
also use Scotch Guard for my Foam Flys. I let them soak then dry. It

works
for me. Some people have environmental issues with using such products
though. MIKE

FWIW: Scotchguard has been reformulated and is no longer considered harmful.
Last time I looked. Things may have changed in the past 2 years.

Anyways, I don't waterproof my foam bugs, I like the way they eventually
absorb enough water to become neutrally buoyant, and eventually slow
sinking. As much fun as it is to take bluegills off the top, fishing just
subsurface, or a foot deep is also fun. And I have boatloads of fresh ones
if I really want to be on top again.

Old May 12th, 2004, 12:44 PM
Ken Fortenberry

Wolfgang wrote:
"Ken Fortenberry" wrote:
... but you're too
damn stubborn to catch on.

Ah, life as a game of chess, eh? ...

No, chess as a metaphor for the silly Usenet game in which I'm
usually three moves ahead of you.

... The beauty
of it is that the highly restricted moves allowed the individual insensate
pieces nevertheless results in a surprising level of complexity, vaguely
reminiscent of life its own self. ...

Now see, there you go jacking off again. If you had any sense at
all you would be embarrassed to have pennned that sentence in the
first place and absolutely devastated that it can now be seen in
public with your name on it.

--
Ken Fortenberry

Old May 12th, 2004, 12:56 PM
Ken Fortenberry

Lazarus Cooke wrote:
Ken Fortenberry wrote:

I've never tried it. I wash my lines with warm water and Ivory
soap and dress them with red Mucilin.

My impression (from my hazy memory) was that red tin mucilin is for
silk lines, green tin for artificial ones.

Red is the "original formula", some sort of animal fat, I think, and
green is the "new and improved with silicone". For some reason you're
not supposed to use the green on your silk lines, but there's no
reason not to use red on plastic lines that I know of. I have both
silk and plastic lines and have always been quite happy with the
red, so don't feel the need to have both .

--
Ken Fortenberry

Old May 12th, 2004, 01:20 PM
Wolfgang

"Ken Fortenberry" wrote in
message .com...
Wolfgang wrote:
"Ken Fortenberry" wrote:
... but you're too
damn stubborn to catch on.

Ah, life as a game of chess, eh? ...

No, chess as a metaphor for the silly Usenet game in which I'm
usually three moves ahead of you.

We're playing a game? Is it fun?

... The beauty
of it is that the highly restricted moves allowed the individual

insensate
pieces nevertheless results in a surprising level of complexity,

vaguely
reminiscent of life its own self. ...

Now see, there you go jacking off again. If you had any sense at
all you would be embarrassed to have pennned that sentence in the
first place and absolutely devastated that it can now be seen in
public with your name on it.

Well, that's the beauty of being short on sense.......I guess.

Wolfgang

Old May 12th, 2004, 01:42 PM
Ken Fortenberry

Wolfgang wrote:
"Ken Fortenberry" wrote:

... If you had any sense at
all you would be embarrassed to have pennned that sentence ...

Well, that's the beauty of being short on sense.......I guess.

Ignorance is bliss, as they say.

--
Ken Fortenberry

Old May 12th, 2004, 02:14 PM
Wolfgang

"Ken Fortenberry" wrote in
message .com...
Wolfgang wrote:
"Ken Fortenberry" wrote:

... If you had any sense at
all you would be embarrassed to have pennned that sentence ...

Well, that's the beauty of being short on sense.......I guess.

Ignorance is bliss, as they say.

I wouldn't know.

Wolfgang

Old May 12th, 2004, 02:45 PM
riverman

"Kevin Vang" wrote in message
In article ,
lid says...
MYRON !!! I AM SO, SO, SO, ****ING SORRY !!!

I would rather catch a 24 inch wild rainbow on a dry fly
than apologize on roff.

Hey, SHUSH!!!! You're ruining my moment!

--riverman

(go on...)

Old May 12th, 2004, 08:11 PM
Lazarus Cooke

In article , Ken
Fortenberry wrote:

Red is the "original formula", some sort of animal fat, I think, and
green is the "new and improved with silicone". For some reason you're
not supposed to use the green on your silk lines, but there's no
reason not to use red on plastic lines that I know of. I have both
silk and plastic lines and have always been quite happy with the
red, so don't feel the need to have both .

Grand

Remover the rock from the email address