Sunday tournament at Jackson

Old December 6th, 2004, 02:26 PM
RGarri7470

Default Sunday tournament at Jackson

Had a good day but got my heart broke. It was foggy bad - we made it to the
cove I wanted to start in - where Fritz and I got four Wednesday morning - not
a bite. Since it was so foggy I just worked around that big point and into the
next cove - got a keeper spot in the back of it as 9. That fish guarenteed me
first for the year in the Sportsman Club.

Fog lifted soon after 9 so I ran up to the second place I wanted to fish. There
is a rocky point at the mouth of a small creek, Fritz you got a keeper spot
right on the bank to the right of it. For some reason I decided to go into the
cove to the left - at the second point in the cove I caught a 4 pound
largemouth and a 3 pounder on consecutive casts. Both were on a brush pile in
front of a dock. Went around that point and got three largemouth on a rockpile
off the bank. All those fish hit the outfit Fritz had been using - a Fat Free
Shad - I just started throwing it, didn't even retie! So I was culling by
10:15.

We stayed in that cove and I got another keeper spot on a jig and pig and
another one on a crankbait and my partner caught one keeper spot.

We ran up to the "Broke Arm" point - a main lake point with rocks and blowdowns
- and fished around it - nothing. But past the last dock leading into a small
creek my partner got a keeper largemouth. Time was running out so we went back
down to another main lake rocky point - my partner got two keepers and I got a
keeper spot there. Two of the three hit on a boat ramp just inside the cove.

I ended up with five weighing 11.62 for second place. Partner had 4 weighing
5.6 for sixth out of 26 people. I culled four - caught four spots on a jig and
pig after not getting bit all week on it. I threw it a lot after getting my
limit, trying to get bigger fish.

I had big fish for the year in Flint River Club with a 5.3 pounder from Eufaula
last March. Pot was up to $1100 and I would have won it but Kwong Yu caught
one weighing 6.12 Sunday - won both clubs pots - over $2300 on that one fish!
He also won the tournament with five at 13.4 pounds. He finished second to me
in the Sportsman Club for the year. He or I have been first in that club each
year for the past six - I have four win to his two, but he is tough to beat!

Pretty good day - and practice with Fritz helped, although I never caught a
fish anywhere we caught one. We had six five fish limits today but a good many
people only had one or two bass.

Hey Chief - call or email me for details. I will be glad to go to Jackson one
day this week and show you where we caught fish. Let me know.
Ronnie

http://fishing.about.com

Old December 6th, 2004, 09:47 PM
BassMr

Way to go Ronnie!
Wouldn't Jackson be a good Southern Classic lake some day?

Old December 6th, 2004, 11:14 PM
RGarri7470

Way to go Ronnie!
Wouldn't Jackson be a good Southern Classic lake some day?

Thanks!

Jackson would be interesting. It used to be the highest pressured lake in
Georgia and had the lowest catch rate in club tournaments anywhere in GA. It
can be good when hit right, but still is a tough lake most of the year. It is
also tough to fish during daylight by the end of April because of all the
skiers and pleasure boats. My club fishes it in the winter and at night during
the summer.
Ronnie

http://fishing.about.com
Old December 7th, 2004, 12:39 AM
Andrew Kidd

"RGarri7470" wrote in message
Had a good day but got my heart broke. It was foggy bad - we made it to
the
cove I wanted to start in - where Fritz and I got four Wednesday morning -
not
a bite. Since it was so foggy I just worked around that big point and into
the
next cove - got a keeper spot in the back of it as 9. That fish
guarenteed me
first for the year in the Sportsman Club.

Way to go Ronnie! Excellent job!

--
Andrew Kidd

Old December 7th, 2004, 01:21 AM
Dan, danl, danny boy, Redbeard, actually Greybeard

Way to go Ronnie.

Some day I would like to come down by you to fish.

On 06 Dec 2004 14:26:08 GMT, (RGarri7470) sent into
the ether:

[...]

Remove the x for e-mail reply
www.outdoorfrontiers.com
Old December 7th, 2004, 03:05 AM
John Kerr

Sunday tournament at Jackson
======
I would have a hard ime complaining about a day like that...good job!
JK
=======
Group: rec.outdoors.fishing.bass Date: Mon, Dec 6, 2004, 2:26pm (CST+6)