Spey Casting School in Quebec?

Old February 24th, 2005, 07:18 AM
Padishar Creel

Default Spey Casting School in Quebec?

I saw an ad recently for a week of Spey Casting for Atlantic Salmon? A
couple of days of instruction followed by 4 or 5 days of serious fishing on
all the lodges rivers you want. It costs something like $2400 for the week,
lodging, food, equipment and locale transportation included. Seemed like a
pretty good deal and it was Orvis endorsed FWIW.

Has anyone ever done something like this? And if so, what was your
experience? I can't find the ad again but the specifics I mentioned above
are close, I think.

Chris

Old February 25th, 2005, 01:28 PM
Peter Charles

On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 22:18:34 -0800, "Padishar Creel"
wrote:

I saw an ad recently for a week of Spey Casting for Atlantic Salmon? A
couple of days of instruction followed by 4 or 5 days of serious fishing on
all the lodges rivers you want. It costs something like $2400 for the week,
lodging, food, equipment and locale transportation included. Seemed like a
pretty good deal and it was Orvis endorsed FWIW.

Has anyone ever done something like this? And if so, what was your
experience? I can't find the ad again but the specifics I mentioned above
are close, I think.

Chris

There are plenty of Atlantic Salmon lodges in Quebec but how many have
spey casting instructors is a big ? A google search will turn up a ton
of lodges.

I was speaking to one of the employees at Salmo Nature in Montreal
(Orvis shop) about their two-handers and he said they didn't have much
experience with them and they're one of the top shops in the area.

Peter

turn mailhot into hotmail to reply

Visit The Streamer Page at http://www.mountaincable.net/~pcharl...ers/index.html