Jeff Miller - On The To Penns

Old April 30th, 2004, 03:25 AM
Joe McIntosh

Default Jeff Miller - On The To Penns

on the way--we could haul ass north Friday morning fish "yellow
britches" or some famous Pennsylvania stream on evening hatch--hit another
section on Saturday
Bet if you put question on Roff some local guy could recommend cheap
hotel- good bar- and best part of stream--perhaps even fish with us---
Caught a bonita 5 miles out this afternoon--screw ocean fishing- my
back is tired from bouncing waves- but my fish fed six folks and was
caught on an old Zebco rod and reel that i got from ace hardware years ago.
My host driving his 24foot regulator and with a 500$ tackle set up caught
zilch. But his wife is a keeper.
Joe

Old April 30th, 2004, 04:42 AM
Mike Makela

Joe,

I'd love to fish with you's guys on Saturday but not looking like I'll get
there at a fair time. My wife's flying back from Florida and won't get in
til 1:00pm on Sat. Takes me at least 2 hours to get to the Carlisle area.
I'm working an angle with the In-Laws to watch the boys, but not sure that
will work out.

I would suggest the Allenberry (Boiling Springs, and the creek literally
boils up out of the ground just upstream from here) if you are going to do
the Yellow Breetches. It's a nice place and some of the best fishing is
right there. Joe Humphrey's does a fly school right there on the Banks (or
least he use ta). If yer looking for cheap digs, Carlisle is close enough,
and has a ton of Motel 6 type places. Priceline it for $35 bucks or so, or
stop at one the PA information booths at a rest stop on the way through and
pick up one of them discount travelers lodging book thingamajigs. The
Latort is even closer to Carlisle and worth a few casts if you dare.

Jeff's infatuation with East Licking Creek sounds like a good bet also, but
I do wonder about how it get's it's name, watch out for dem Pennsylvania
Hillbillies,

I'll touch base as we get a week or two closer.

Mike

Old April 30th, 2004, 12:53 PM
Jeff Miller

Mike Makela wrote:

Jeff's infatuation with East Licking Creek sounds like a good bet also, but
I do wonder about how it get's it's name, watch out for dem Pennsylvania
Hillbillies,

i trust joe has made notes... and, are you saying the rumor that a band
of renegade amish nymphettes had taken up residence in karl guss park is
untrue?

I'll touch base as we get a week or two closer.

joe and i will be leaving here on the 12th... so two weeks might present
a problem. don't know if joe has a cell phone... but, if dan'l does,
you can call him and he'll let us know. g

jeff

Old May 1st, 2004, 03:46 AM
vincent p. norris

Joe Humphrey's does a fly school right there on the Banks (or
least he use ta).

Yeah, he was still doing it a week ago.

vince