OT Impeached in Lake Wobegon

Old March 1st, 2006, 02:48 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly

Default OT Impeached in Lake Wobegon

Garrison Keillor's commentary in today's Trib is an interesting read:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/o...,1451901.story

Here's a link to Jane Mayer's article in _The New Yorker_.

http://www.newyorker.com/fact/content/articles/fact

--
Ken Fortenberry
Old March 1st, 2006, 03:30 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly

"Ken Fortenberry" wrote in message
et...
Garrison Keillor's commentary in today's Trib is an interesting read:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/o...,1451901.story

Hear Hear, but lets wait a few months until we no longer have a Senate in
his back pocket.

Myron Buck

Old March 1st, 2006, 04:15 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly

Ken Fortenberry typed:
Garrison Keillor's commentary in today's Trib is an interesting read:

Well, if Garrison says to impeach him, there's nothing more to be said.

Here's a link to Jane Mayer's article in _The New Yorker_.

Surely you can come up with more than two links! You're slipping, man. How
about http://republicanscum.com/ ? At least you'll get a tee-shirt for your
troubles.
--
TL,
Tim

Old March 1st, 2006, 04:50 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly

Tim J. wrote:
Ken Fortenberry typed:
Garrison Keillor's commentary in today's Trib is an interesting read:

Well, if Garrison says to impeach him, there's nothing more to be said.

Here's a link to Jane Mayer's article in _The New Yorker_.

Surely you can come up with more than two links! You're slipping, man. How
about http://republicanscum.com/ ? At least you'll get a tee-shirt for your
troubles.

I provided a link to the Mayer article because it's central
to Keillor's thesis. The educated among us would necessarily
be interested in reading it.

--
Ken Fortenberry
Old March 1st, 2006, 05:45 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly

Ken Fortenberry typed:
Tim J. wrote:
Ken Fortenberry typed:
Garrison Keillor's commentary in today's Trib is an interesting
read:

Well, if Garrison says to impeach him, there's nothing more to be
said.
Here's a link to Jane Mayer's article in _The New Yorker_.

Surely you can come up with more than two links! You're slipping,
man. How about http://republicanscum.com/ ? At least you'll get a
tee-shirt for your troubles.

I provided a link to the Mayer article because it's central
to Keillor's thesis. The educated among us would necessarily
be interested in reading it.

Then why don't you just email those two people and spare the rest of us?
;-)
--
TL,
Tim

Old March 1st, 2006, 05:48 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly

"Tim J." wrote

Well, if Garrison says to impeach him, there's nothing more to be said.

Tim, I'm asking a serious, honest, question here.... try to take it that
way.

Do YOU seriously believe this administration is improving anything? If so,
what? Do you feel safer knowing that we've worked hard to make millions
more, worldwide, hate us? Do you feel better looking at your kids knowing
you and I are leaving them burdoned with huge debt and a weakened
environment? Do you get misty eyed with patriotism every time you think
about torturing people in the name of the Red, White and Blue?

I could go on, of course, but my purpose is not to goad or irritate ... I
honestly want to know ...WHAT are these people doing that you support?

Old March 1st, 2006, 05:53 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly

Tim J. wrote:
Ken Fortenberry typed:
Tim J. wrote:
Ken Fortenberry typed:
Garrison Keillor's commentary in today's Trib is an interesting
read:
Well, if Garrison says to impeach him, there's nothing more to be
said.
Here's a link to Jane Mayer's article in _The New Yorker_.
Surely you can come up with more than two links! You're slipping,
man. How about http://republicanscum.com/ ? At least you'll get a
tee-shirt for your troubles.

I provided a link to the Mayer article because it's central
to Keillor's thesis. The educated among us would necessarily
be interested in reading it.

Then why don't you just email those two people and spare the rest of us?
;-)

One of the things I like about roff is that the vast majority
of us *are* educated. Just offhand I think you and Louie are
the only regular posters here who do not have at least an
undergraduate education. And I don't think it's a coincidence
that you're both Republicans. ;-)

--
Ken Fortenberry
Old March 1st, 2006, 06:07 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly

Ken Fortenberry wrote:

One of the things I like about roff is that the vast majority
of us *are* educated. Just offhand I think you and Louie are
the only regular posters here who do not have at least an
undergraduate education.

Effete, eastern snob. Rednecks are people, too!

Snoop
Old March 1st, 2006, 06:14 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly

Even with all the horrible, corrupt, illegal, deceitful crap that's gone
down in the past five years, I don't think impeachment at this time
would be good for the country. (For one thing, Cheney would become
president, unless he's impeached before or at the same time.)

I'd like to see an impeachment vote scheduled for January, 2009, on the
day before the next president is sworn