Is there a Western Clave

Old May 29th, 2006, 02:37 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly

Default Is there a Western Clave

Heading out west from Chgo this summer and
would love to get on any western waters where
there will be a gathering.

Info appreciated, best regards

Jerry

Old May 29th, 2006, 03:26 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly

Yes. 8-18 July centered on the Slide Inn and the Upper Madison at the
Cabin Creek Forest Service campground below Hegben Lake dam outside of
West Yellowstone on HWY 287 (8 miles north on 191 then 14 miles west on
287 from West).
Come one, come all.
Frank Reid

Old May 29th, 2006, 03:33 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly

The link for the campground is
http://www.fs.fed.us/r1/gallatin/?pa...eek_campground

I'll be staying there (if there's room). Look for the big Kelty
Tentmahal and the blue over silver dodge ram pickemup.
Frank Reid

Old May 29th, 2006, 06:33 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly

"Frank Reid" wrote

I'll be staying there (if there's room). Look for the big Kelty
Tentmahal and the blue over silver dodge ram pickemup.
Frank Reid

What's the "best" day/time of day to head over there and maybe meet some
roffians when they are relatively sober?G Last year I got up on Saturday
morning with the intention of going over for an hour or two, but soon
realized that everyone would be out fishing, so I never made it and ended up
in West doing my laundry instead. I'll be somewhere between Cooke City and
Driggs at that time in July, depending on the weather and fishing reports,
most likely near the HFork camped in one "dry camping," feefree parts of the
National Forest.

Old May 29th, 2006, 06:54 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly

Larry L wrote:
"Frank Reid" wrote

I'll be staying there (if there's room). Look for the big Kelty
Tentmahal and the blue over silver dodge ram pickemup.
Frank Reid

What's the "best" day/time of day to head over there and maybe meet some
roffians when they are relatively sober?G Last year I got up on Saturday
morning with the intention of going over for an hour or two, but soon
realized that everyone would be out fishing, so I never made it and ended up
in West doing my laundry instead. I'll be somewhere between Cooke City and
Driggs at that time in July, depending on the weather and fishing reports,
most likely near the HFork camped in one "dry camping," feefree parts of the
National Forest.

I'd try to arrive at the campground around 8:00pm or so. Much earlier
and most folks will still be out fishing. Much later and many folks
will already be sacked out or headed back to the Slide Inn or wherever
else they're staying.

In my relatively limited experience, stories of real high times at the
claves are generally overblown. Sure, some folks sometimes have
somewhat too much, but most folks are mostly moderately moderate.....

- John Russell aka JR

Old May 29th, 2006, 07:54 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly

In my relatively limited experience, stories of real high times at the
claves are generally overblown. Sure, some folks sometimes have
somewhat too much, but most folks are mostly moderately moderate.....

Well, don't know 'bout "high times" unless you're talking 'bout some
rude dude in the top bunk sleepin' off a quadruple helping of beans.
Hmm, wonder who that could be?
Frank Reid

Old May 30th, 2006, 02:38 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly

On 29 May 2006 07:33:24 -0700, "Frank Reid"
wrote:

The link for the campground is
http://www.fs.fed.us/r1/gallatin/?pa...eek_campground

I'll be staying there (if there's room). Look for the big Kelty
Tentmahal and the blue over silver dodge ram pickemup.
Frank Reid

....and 2 bears, one with a sign that reads "Yo, Frankie, where's
dinner?" and another in a T-shirt that says, "The guy who feeds me went
to Fawn Lake and all I got is this friggin' T-shirt"...

HTH,
Old May 30th, 2006, 07:12 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly

On Mon, 29 May 2006 10:33:05 -0700, "Larry L"
wrote:

"Frank Reid" wrote

I'll be staying there (if there's room). Look for the big Kelty
Tentmahal and the blue over silver dodge ram pickemup.
Frank Reid

What's the "best" day/time of day to head over there and maybe meet some
roffians when they are relatively sober?G Last year I got up on Saturday
morning with the intention of going over for an hour or two, but soon
realized that everyone would be out fishing, so I never made it and ended up
in West doing my laundry instead. I'll be somewhere between Cooke City and
Driggs at that time in July, depending on the weather and fishing reports,
most likely near the HFork camped in one "dry camping," feefree parts of the
National Forest.

Never been to a Western Clave, but I'd try going over about 5pm and
hanging out at the campsite, fishing the nearby creek and checking
fairly often to see who was around.
--

r.bc: vixen
Speaker to squirrels, willow watcher, etc..

Don't ask me what time it is lest I'm of
a mood to tell you how to make a clock.

http://www.visi.com/~cyli
Old May 30th, 2006, 02:46 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly

"The guy who feeds me went to Fawn Lake and all I got is this friggin' T-shirt"...

Or "The guy who feeds me went to Fawn Lake and all thats left is this
friggen' T-shirt"

Frank Reid

Old May 31st, 2006, 06:42 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly

On Tue, 30 May 2006 01:12:10 -0500, Cyli wrote:

Never been to a Western Clave, but I'd try going over about 5pm and
hanging out at the campsite, fishing the nearby creek and checking
fairly often to see who was around.

Didn't think to mention that maybe one of the guys would be willing to
email you his cell phone number so you could call and find out who's
doing what when.