Walleye attack

Old July 28th, 2007, 03:39 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
fganje

Default Walleye attack

This photograph is provided for educational purposes only and should not be
construed as boasting, bragging or other bad stuff.

On June 19th I was viciously attacked by this walleye while paddling my
hydrobike on the Mississippi River near Grand Rapids, Minnesota.

The attack was unprovoked.... I was washing my lures on that sunny day. I
like to keep my lures shiney and clean, so I was dragging them one by one by
one attached to a string while paddling on the river. Apparently the fish
was angered by the fluorescent orange number 5 Meppes I was cleaning.

It was really scary! The fish grabbed the lure and tried to pull me off my
water bike. He kept shaking his head and pulling hard and wouldn't let go.
I was very brave. However, I now wash my lures with soap and water in the
sink at home.

Old July 28th, 2007, 08:31 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Daniel-San

"fganje" Wrote...
This photograph is provided for educational purposes only and should not
be construed as boasting, bragging or other bad stuff.

On June 19th I was viciously attacked by this walleye while paddling my
hydrobike on the Mississippi River near Grand Rapids, Minnesota.

The attack was unprovoked.... I was washing my lures on that sunny day.
I like to keep my lures shiney and clean, so I was dragging them one by
one by one attached to a string while paddling on the river. Apparently
the fish was angered by the fluorescent orange number 5 Meppes I was
cleaning.

It was really scary! The fish grabbed the lure and tried to pull me off
my water bike. He kept shaking his head and pulling hard and wouldn't let
go. I was very brave. However, I now wash my lures with soap and water in
the sink at home.

Nice wallie...and funny write up.

Dan

Old July 29th, 2007, 02:54 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
catfish2006

"fganje" wrote in message
This photograph is provided for educational purposes only and should not
be construed as boasting, bragging or other bad stuff.

On June 19th I was viciously attacked by this walleye while paddling my
hydrobike on the Mississippi River near Grand Rapids, Minnesota.

The attack was unprovoked.... I was washing my lures on that sunny day.
I like to keep my lures shiney and clean, so I was dragging them one by
one by one attached to a string while paddling on the river. Apparently
the fish was angered by the fluorescent orange number 5 Meppes I was
cleaning.

It was really scary! The fish grabbed the lure and tried to pull me off
my water bike. He kept shaking his head and pulling hard and wouldn't let
go. I was very brave. However, I now wash my lures with soap and water in
the sink at home.

Yes, That's a good idea.

Old July 30th, 2007, 02:32 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Charles Summers

You forgot to tell us the part where you clubbed it in the head with a piece
of driftwood, then glued his ass to it!

Funny story, nice fish!

Old July 30th, 2007, 05:04 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
QUAKEnSHAKE

Careful some here will be offended cause you hurt that fish. ;-)

NICE ONE!

Old July 30th, 2007, 05:53 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
fganje

"QUAKEnSHAKE" wrote in message
Careful some here will be offended cause you hurt that fish. ;-)

NICE ONE!

Thanks..... I have turned loose bigger fish, but this one didn't look like
it would survive.... it was a really hot day and the fish was tipping over
a long fight. After 50+ years of fishing this is the first I have hung on
the wall. But I do practice catch and eat. Attached is a picture of my
fishing "boat".

Old July 30th, 2007, 08:04 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Rick[_2_]

"fganje" wrote in message

"QUAKEnSHAKE" wrote in message
Careful some here will be offended cause you hurt that fish. ;-)

Thanks..... I have turned loose bigger fish, but this one didn't look
like it would survive.... it was a really hot day and the fish was
tipping over a long fight. After 50+ years of fishing this is the first I
have hung on the wall. But I do practice catch and eat. Attached is a
picture of my fishing "boat".

Nice bike.. Do you mind me asking where you got it at? Looks like something
I wouldn't mind having..

Rick

Old July 30th, 2007, 10:38 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
fganje

"Rick" wrote in message
et...
"fganje" wrote in message

"QUAKEnSHAKE" wrote in message
Careful some here will be offended cause you hurt that fish. ;-)

Thanks..... I have turned loose bigger fish, but this one didn't look
like it would survive.... it was a really hot day and the fish was
tipping over a after a long fight. After 50+ years of fishing this is
the first I have hung on the wall. But I do practice catch and eat.
Attached is a picture of my fishing "boat".

Nice bike.. Do you mind me asking where you got it at? Looks like
something I wouldn't mind having..

Rick

I actually have two of these..... I leave one at my brother's lake home and
the other I keep in the back of my van for when fishing other places. They
are made in Fergus Falls, Mn. , which is close to where I live, and are
called hydrobikes. I have used them for five years..... very stealthy and
work great for trolling, still fishing, or casting. I don't know how well
they would work for fly fishing. I tried a fishing kayak but it wasn't
nearly as stable or as comfortable. Do a google search on hydrobike.

Frank