Live by the speech, die by the speech...

Old August 29th, 2008, 04:22 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
[email protected]

Default Live by the speech, die by the speech...

I'll admit it - I was stunned. If he loses, I can see Obama's
acceptance speech as being the source of his loss. And if so, it will
be a shame, because I do think he is better than his speech can (and
probably will) be made to make him look. He didn't even come right out
and invoke King - at the DNC, for God sake. Even the song "Only In
America" was a terrible choice for such a setting. It will be sad and
ironic if he was book-ended by speeches at the DNC, and I think such is
possible, if not likely.

Stunned,
Old August 29th, 2008, 05:53 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
[email protected]

On Aug 29, 5:22*am, wrote:
do think he is better than his speech can (and
probably will) be made to make him look. *He didn't even come right out
and invoke King - at the DNC, for God sake. *Even the song "Only In
America" was a terrible choice for such a set I'll admit it - I was stunned. If he loses, I can see Obama's
acceptance speech as being the source of his loss. And if so, it will
be a shame, because Iting. *It will be sad and
ironic if he was book-ended by speeches at the DNC, and I think such is
possible, if not likely.

Stunned,

http://www.wbur.org/news/2008/79748_20080829.asp

Most of the rest of the world thinks he will be the next president,
and they have done for a while. Only the democrats themselves seem
nervous. Although for many people outside America, ( including me)
American politics is extremely difficult to gauge, much less
understand.

It is a historic moment that a black man should be nominated by a
major party for the presidency of the United States of America, but
whether that alone suffices, or indeed is sufficient grounds to
actually elect him is another matter. In the final analysis, his
colour or creed are irrelevant, it is his suitability or otherwise for
the job which is actually more important.

Quite a few people here get the impression that he actually has no
firm policies, just hopes and promises. You canīt live ONLY on hopes
and promises. Also, as other idealists have discovered to their cost,
it is one thing to have ideals, it is quite another to actually
implement them.

Old August 29th, 2008, 06:15 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
[email protected]

On Aug 28, 8:22*pm, wrote:

Wow. How did you do that? You summarized in almost the same words what
I just heard on FOX. Amazing. Or did you take it from the script you
had before the speech? In any case the synchronization would almost
lead one to think Karl Rowe was back in the saddle with you guys. Bet
the Fax is hot tonight. Do they still call em "talking points"?

Dave
Note to self: See they really do that dog-like "loyalty brings access"
thingy real swell.
Old August 29th, 2008, 06:25 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
[email protected]

http://en.wikisource.org/wiki/Bill_C...tic_Convention

Old August 29th, 2008, 10:31 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Tom Littleton

wrote in message
I'll admit it - I was stunned. If he loses, I can see Obama's
acceptance speech as being the source of his loss. And if so, it will
be a shame, because I do think he is better than his speech can (and
probably will) be made to make him look. He didn't even come right out
and invoke King - at the DNC, for God sake. Even the song "Only In
America" was a terrible choice for such a setting. It will be sad and
ironic if he was book-ended by speeches at the DNC, and I think such is
possible, if not likely.

Stunned,

was that 'stunned' or 'stoned', RD? No less than Bill Kristol heard that
speech, shook his head and said," McCain has his work cut out for him. What
speech were you listening to?
Tom

Old August 29th, 2008, 11:08 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Dave LaCourse

On Fri, 29 Aug 2008 09:31:23 GMT, "Tom Littleton"
wrote:

wrote in message
.. .
I'll admit it - I was stunned. If he loses, I can see Obama's
acceptance speech as being the source of his loss. And if so, it will
be a shame, because I do think he is better than his speech can (and
probably will) be made to make him look. He didn't even come right out
and invoke King - at the DNC, for God sake. Even the song "Only In
America" was a terrible choice for such a setting. It will be sad and
ironic if he was book-ended by speeches at the DNC, and I think such is
possible, if not likely.

Stunned,

was that 'stunned' or 'stoned', RD? No less than Bill Kristol heard that
speech, shook his head and said," McCain has his work cut out for him. What
speech were you listening to?
Tom

Tom, I think RD is having fun with youse guys and you took the bait.
It was a great speech. Will it be enough? I don't know.

I'm going fishing.

Old August 29th, 2008, 11:45 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Rick[_7_]

wrote in message
I'll admit it - I was stunned. If he loses, I can see Obama's
acceptance speech as being the source of his loss. And if so, it will
be a shame, because I do think he is better than his speech can (and
probably will) be made to make him look. He didn't even come right out
and invoke King - at the DNC, for God sake. Even the song "Only In
America" was a terrible choice for such a setting. It will be sad and
ironic if he was book-ended by speeches at the DNC, and I think such is
possible, if not likely.

Stunned,

The democrats have suddenly developed a keen sense of morality.
John Edwards has been banned from making a speech at the
democratic convention for having an affair and lying about it.

In his place Bill Clinton spoke.

And Jimmy Carter spoke on economic growth.

They even had TED KENNEDY there???

Ted Kennedy addressed issues of violence against women
The dems are embarassing!!!