Things to ponder while pondering other things: #1.

Old July 15th, 2011, 12:47 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Giles

Default Things to ponder while pondering other things: #1.

While cruising the backroads of the coulee country (a bona-fide
segment of rural Murrica) and listening to Curdistanee public radio
early this afternoon, I was somewhat surprised to hear that the
austerity measures proposed to alleviate the burden on a currently
cash-strapped Merkin federal government included the closure of a
hundrred or more "national fish and wildlife refuges."

Um......

huh?

I mean, granted, English ain't my native language.....but ain't a
"fish and wildlife refuge" sorta a "closed" area by definition?

Are the blue-winged teal, the black-crowned night herons, the great
egrets, the amberwings, the marsh wrens, the crappie, the belted
kingfishers, the soras, the rock-bass, the Virginia rails, the twelve
spot skimmer, the bewilderingly myriad bluets, the backswimmers, the
pileated, the hairy, the downy, and the red-headed, the towhees, the
blue-gills, the long-eared sunfishes, the smallmouth and the large-
mouth black bass, the northern pike, the sauger, the hexagenias, the
blue-flag, the monarda, the (virtual infinitude of) salix, (not to
mention the absolutely hybridizationally stupefying hawthornes) to be
banned outright.....or merely subjected to body-cavity searches on
attempted entry?

Do they have adequate legal representation......or are they at the
mercy of public defenders?

Will they be allowed diplomatic immunity?.....political, religious,
racial, ethnic, species, sexual refugee status?.....green cards?

Or is someone suggesting that bubba and toivo will no longer be
allowed to enter and shoot at will?

Yeah......right.

giles
to whom an officially closed national fish and wildlife refuge rides
(precariously) the cusp between gut-bustingly hilarious and vomitously
hilarious.

giles
Old July 15th, 2011, 05:45 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
JT

"Giles" wrote in message
[...]

On a local level, I heard on the way home yesterday there are no funds
available to keep the park bathrooms clean, garbage picked up, lawns mowed,
etc... They are asking for volunteers to provide these services.

Same is true with the public launch locations at local area lakes and there
is already garbage all over the place at a couple I have stopped at.

Given the 75 plus parks in the Spokane area, I'm guessing the volunteer plan
isn't going to go very well.

Hopefully some of the girl/boy scout troops with adopt a park to keep them
looking good.

JT

Old July 16th, 2011, 11:50 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Giles

On Jul 15, 11:45*am, "JT" wrote:
"Giles" wrote in message

[...]

Sounds a lot like a gas station,

garbage picked up, lawns mowed,
etc...

neighbors,

They are asking for volunteers to provide these services.

adopt a highway.....not that I've got anything against the Boy Scouts,
Kiwanis, or Lurlene's "Hair Today, Groin Tomorrow".....it's nice to
see them actually do something useful. But it DOES have an impact on
the economy. Just think of all the convicts and illegal aliens put
out of work!

Same is true with the public launch locations at local area lakes and there
is already garbage all over the place at a couple I have stopped at.

It helps to take an ecologicl point of view. Garbage is an indicator
species.....when it disappears, you know something is desperately
wrong.

Given the 75 plus parks in the Spokane area, I'm guessing the volunteer plan
isn't going to go very well.

Volunteers are an inexhaustible resource (like timber, petroleum,
Mexicans, etc.). The trick is to trick the volunteers. What have you
been asking them to do?

Hopefully some of the girl/boy scout troops with adopt a park to keep them
looking good.

Hm......

Well, I guess I should have looked down before beginning this
lesson.....or maybe you should have looked up.

JT-

g.
who sometimes wonders......why is it that pretty much EVERYBODY thinks
that the end of the world is a "BAD" thing?

Old July 18th, 2011, 02:41 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
john b

"Giles" wrote in message

While cruising the backroads of the coulee country (a bona-fide
segment of rural Murrica) and listening to Curdistanee public radio
early this afternoon, I was somewhat surprised to hear that the
austerity measures proposed to alleviate the burden on a currently
cash-strapped Merkin federal government

.....and the rich get richer....

Old July 18th, 2011, 07:37 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Frank Reid © 2010

On Jul 18, 8:41*am, "john b" wrote:
"Giles" *wrote in message

While cruising the backroads of the coulee country (a bona-fide
segment of rural Murrica) and listening to Curdistanee public radio
early this afternoon, I was somewhat surprised to hear that the
austerity measures proposed to alleviate the burden on a currently
cash-strapped Merkin federal government

....and the rich get richer....

Wow, look what the cat dragged in and the dog wouldn't bury. How goes
guy?
Frank Reid

Old July 21st, 2011, 03:15 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Giles

On Jul 18, 8:41*am, "john b" wrote:

....and the rich get richer....

And then they say, "no news is good news."

g.
who believes it ain't necessarily so. old friends' continued lack of
close acqauaintance with the hangman, on the other hand.....
Old July 26th, 2011, 03:10 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
ScovilleUnit

Giles wrote in
:

On Jul 16, 11:53*pm, ScovilleUnit wrote:
Giles wrote
innews:6e7759af-e9d8-4411-86c6-3d1f0b0f

:

On Jul 15, 11:45*am, "JT" wrote:

[...]