r.o.f.f.

Old August 31st, 2011, 09:40 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Russell D.

Default r.o.f.f.

R.I.P.

Old August 31st, 2011, 10:14 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Ken Fortenberry

Russell D. wrote:
R.I.P.

Usenet has been critically ill for quite awhile now. We should
regard its passing as a blessing and remember it fondly.

There's a roff on Facebook and if Google+ ever reaches critical
mass there will be a roff there as well.

roff is dead, long live roff.

--
Ken Fortenberry

Old August 31st, 2011, 10:36 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
rw56

On Aug 31, 3:14*pm, Ken Fortenberry
wrote:
Russell D. wrote:
R.I.P.

Usenet has been critically ill for quite awhile now. We should
regard its passing as a blessing and remember it fondly.

There's a roff on Facebook and if Google+ ever reaches critical
mass there will be a roff there as well.

roff is dead, long live roff.

--
Ken Fortenberry

Poor Wolfgang. He'll have to find somewhere else to be an asshat.
Old August 31st, 2011, 11:18 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Ken Fortenberry

rw56 wrote:
Ken Fortenberry wrote:
Russell D. wrote:
R.I.P.

Usenet has been critically ill for quite awhile now. We should
regard its passing as a blessing and remember it fondly.

There's a roff on Facebook and if Google+ ever reaches critical
mass there will be a roff there as well.

roff is dead, long live roff.

Poor Wolfgang. He'll have to find somewhere else to be an asshat.

Wolfgang wasn't the problem. Wolfgang is a five-foot-nothing nothing
who is considered a friendly, fellow fly fisherman by those who have
met him, including myself. Giles is the problem, Wolfgang's pseudo-
anonymous alter ego with the throw away address and the poisonous
Usenet persona.

One of the reasons I don't bemoan the demise of Usenet is because
Usenet was accepting of anonymity. Social networks will work much
better and will be more enjoyable for most folks when anonymity is
not allowed.

--
Ken Fortenberry
Old August 31st, 2011, 11:39 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
john b

"Ken Fortenberry" wrote in message ...

One of the reasons I don't bemoan the demise of Usenet is because
Usenet was accepting of anonymity. Social networks will work much
better and will be more enjoyable for most folks when anonymity is
not allowed.

--
Ken Fortenberry

To me, the term 'social network' implies schedules, uniforms, rules of
conduct, a caste system...the haves and have nots....scary.

You care if I just hang out here around the fire and drink a few more beers?

John B ....

Old September 1st, 2011, 12:16 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Ken Fortenberry

john b wrote:
To me, the term 'social network' implies schedules, uniforms, rules of
conduct, a caste system...the haves and have nots....scary.

You care if I just hang out here around the fire and drink a few more
beers?

Not at all, hang around as long as you like. And if you want to
take a **** on the campfire after everybody else is gone, that's
cool too.

--
Ken Fortenberry
Old September 1st, 2011, 04:59 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Wayne Harrison

"Ken Fortenberry" wrote

(snip)

turns out i was wrong about r.o.f.f--it was not darwinian. it changed, and
as a result thereof, died.

but, hell, thanks for the memories.

your friend in the old north state
wayno

Old September 1st, 2011, 05:35 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Frank Church[_12_]

"Wayne Harrison" wrote in
ations:

"Ken Fortenberry" wrote

(snip)

turns out i was wrong about r.o.f.f--it was not darwinian. it
changed, and as a result thereof, died.

but, hell, thanks for the memories.

your friend in the old north state
wayno

****! Just as I wuz contemplating coming back to roff.

Frank SR

The Prodigal Geezer
Old September 1st, 2011, 05:53 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Frank Reid © 2010

On Sep 1, 11:35*am, Frank Church wrote:
"Wayne Harrison" wrote ations:

"Ken Fortenberry" wrote

(snip)

turns out i was wrong about r.o.f.f--it was not darwinian. *it
changed, and as a result thereof, died.

but, hell, thanks for the memories.

your friend in the old north state
wayno

****! Just as I wuz contemplating coming back to roff.

Frank SR

The Prodigal Geezer

Join us on FaceBook.
Frank "The Younger" Reid
Old September 1st, 2011, 08:01 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Ken Fortenberry

Wayne Harrison wrote:
turns out i was wrong about r.o.f.f--it was not darwinian. it changed, and
as a result thereof, died.

but, hell, thanks for the memories.

your friend in the old north state
wayno

Perhaps in its afterlife Usenet roff could serve as Mike Connor's
guide to North American fly fishing written by a guy who has never
fly fished in North America. LOL !!

--
Ken Fortenberry