Western Clave

Old July 21st, 2004, 05:35 PM
bugcaster

Default Western Clave

I found a new green folding chair in my truck when I was in Kellogg ID. I
must have picked up the green chair and left my dark blue folding chair on
the few evenings I stopped by the fire. If you are missing this let me
know. Hopefully the owner has the dark blue chair as a replacement.

Randy

Old January 22nd, 2005, 02:54 PM
Joe McIntosh

"Charlie Choc" wrote in message
On Thu, 20 Jan 2005 01:12:12 GMT, "Joe McIntosh"

wrote:

Seems like i am going to live another year so planning on attending
western
clave [july9-16] if Willie will pump up his rear tire and jeff will
promise
not to take me fishing in posted streams

To lodging--jeff knows all the big trout in the trough behind slider inn
by
first name so we are looking for another bed with shower--slider was 80$
per night
Some of you guys stayed at a lodge on down road--how was that name and
route ??? was it on stream? Any other ideas welcome.

Why not just load up the white buffalo and have it shipped to Bozeman? If
you
could get it on a trailer with a few other cars it probably wouldn't cost
that
much.
--
Charlie...
indian joe replies --appreciate your suggestion but certainly you know

Charlie I really enjoy your landscape photos--if you have something i could
could have enlarged for a small frame of the mist in yellowstone shot please
send me a copy.

Chief Joseph

Old January 23rd, 2005, 02:58 AM
Joe McIntosh

"Charlie Choc" wrote wrote:

indian joe replies --appreciate your suggestion but certainly you know
that buffalos and trains don't get along.

I was thinking more of a truck than a train. If you had the white buffalo
you
could come up and fish Rock Creek after the clave, too, without having to
stay
at the mouse palace or the testicle festival. g
--
Charlie...
ij again--forgot about the mouse palace--might be fun to get Woldgang and

If white buffalo is up to the trip we will spend some time on Rock Creek
but plan to camp on upstream side of big curve in road---think i wore out
one pair of shocks going over that hill daily.

Walt is talking about a weekend cabal in Morganton sometime in March--
don't know when road to Steel's creek open up but is a good wade for two
retirees who climb around rocks rather than jump over them.. I still have
some hot butt caddissss that i got from Harry they ought to stir up a few
fish.

Old January 23rd, 2005, 01:48 PM
Charlie Choc

On Sun, 23 Jan 2005 01:58:23 GMT, "Joe McIntosh"
wrote:

If white buffalo is up to the trip we will spend some time on Rock Creek
but plan to camp on upstream side of big curve in road---think i wore out
one pair of shocks going over that hill daily.

Me too, plus I wore out one window pretty good.

Walt is talking about a weekend cabal in Morganton sometime in March--
don't know when road to Steel's creek open up but is a good wade for two
retirees who climb around rocks rather than jump over them.. I still have
some hot butt caddissss that i got from Harry they ought to stir up a few
fish.

Sounds interesting, keep me posted.
--
Charlie...
http://www.chocphoto.com/ - photo galleries
Old January 23rd, 2005, 03:19 PM
lou t

We stayed at The Madison River Cabins and were very happy with the
place. Cabin was about $90 and well outfitted. Three beds. Don't
remember if the sofa made into a bed.. People were quite nice also.

Old January 23rd, 2005, 05:10 PM
Jeff Miller

wrote:

If white buffalo is up to the trip we will spend some time on Rock Creek
but plan to camp on upstream side of big curve in road---think i wore out
one pair of shocks going over that hill daily.

Me too, plus I wore out one window pretty good.

how far and long a car ride from the slide inn is rock creek? joe and i
will be at the slide inn from july 7-16. depending on joe's schedule,
i'm thinking of a longer visit out west this year...rock creek would be
fun, and i gotta visit fawn lake too. G warm river would be a good
day/overnight as well. we could camp at the spot warren and i dropped in.

jeff (yeah, haven't been fishing in a while. it's been cold and windy
here in eastern nc...colder than denver for most of this last week
according to some weather reports. even snowed two days. but the
stripers are calling, and a friend bought a blue water capable boat i
hope to help break in...)
Old January 23rd, 2005, 06:00 PM
Charlie Choc

wrote:

If white buffalo is up to the trip we will spend some time on Rock Creek
but plan to camp on upstream side of big curve in road---think i wore out
one pair of shocks going over that hill daily.

Me too, plus I wore out one window pretty good.

how far and long a car ride from the slide inn is rock creek?

I think it's around 250 miles or so.