I can hardly wait to hear Biden on THIS...

Old August 25th, 2008, 03:13 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
[email protected]

Default I can hardly wait to hear Biden on THIS...

It seems Madonna has debuted her entry in the "Celebs for Obama"
frenzy...by comparing McCain to Hitler and Mugabe, while comparing Obama
to a dead hippie rockstar who claimed to be bigger than Jesus (Lennon),
and did so while dressed up as some weird Romanian gangsta pimp
dominatrix gyrating to a acid metal version of "Borderline" to a venue
full of folks wearing pink cowboy hats and feather boas...yeah, that
ought to get middle America and blue collar folks to feel a lot better
about Obama...

Sheesh,
Old August 25th, 2008, 03:37 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Tom Littleton

wrote in message
It seems Madonna has debuted her entry in the "Celebs for Obama"
frenzy...by comparing McCain to Hitler and Mugabe, while comparing Obama
to a dead hippie rockstar who claimed to be bigger than Jesus (Lennon),
and did so while dressed up as some weird Romanian gangsta pimp
dominatrix gyrating to a acid metal version of "Borderline" to a venue
full of folks wearing pink cowboy hats and feather boas...yeah, that
ought to get middle America and blue collar folks to feel a lot better
about Obama...

Sheesh,

funny, I heard about this too. How?? I was zipping through channels and they
were focusing on it on, wait, the Fair and Balanced channel. Do those Fox
folks ever miss a trick?? I swear, I am down to watching Fox News purely for
comedy effect, as they have lost what little grip on objectivity they ever
had. It was hilarious to see, after and even during Biden's speech
yesterday, the ticker running below.....absolutely nothing except every
negative innuendo they could dig up on the guy from 1972 to present.
Switching to CNN, just to check if grotesque displays of partisanship are
routine in the ticker thing, I see a mix of news from Russia, Iraq, China,
etc.
Anyway, back to Madonna......really, who the **** cares what she puts in
a video? Even from an artistic standpoint, she is way past yesterday's news.
How it would conceivably influence anyone in an election cycle eludes me, so
I doubt Biden, or anyone with any political gravitas, will get too worked up
over it.
Tom

Old August 25th, 2008, 03:54 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
[email protected]

On Mon, 25 Aug 2008 02:37:57 GMT, "Tom Littleton"
wrote:

wrote in message
.. .
[...]

Actually, Fox probably got it from either AP or Reuters. I heard about
it from UK sources and AP.

It was hilarious to see, after and even during Biden's speech
yesterday, the ticker running below.....absolutely nothing except every
negative innuendo they could dig up on the guy from 1972 to present.
Switching to CNN, just to check if grotesque displays of partisanship are
routine in the ticker thing, I see a mix of news from Russia, Iraq, China,
etc.

You'll need to head on over to MSNBC for the Obama bootlicking...at
least according to yer own guv...

Anyway, back to Madonna......really, who the **** cares what she puts in
a video? Even from an artistic standpoint, she is way past yesterday's news.
How it would conceivably influence anyone in an election cycle eludes me, so
I doubt Biden, or anyone with any political gravitas, will get too worked up
over it.

We'll see...she's got 50 or so more chances to get some attention about
it.

TC,
Tom

Old August 25th, 2008, 03:58 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
[email protected]

On Sun, 24 Aug 2008 21:23:09 -0500, Ken Fortenberry

It seems Madonna has debuted her entry in the "Celebs for Obama"
frenzy...by comparing McCain to Hitler and Mugabe, while comparing Obama
to a dead hippie rockstar who claimed to be bigger than Jesus (Lennon),
and did so while dressed up as some weird Romanian gangsta pimp
dominatrix gyrating to a acid metal version of "Borderline" to a venue
full of folks wearing pink cowboy hats and feather boas...yeah, that
ought to get middle America and blue collar folks to feel a lot better
about Obama...

C'mon, admit it, the Madonna endorsement was the final straw
that put you solidly in the Obama camp. I know damn good and
well what a teary-eyed weakness you have for pink cowboy hats
and feather boas.

Well, that, and Romanian gangsta pimp acid metal versions of bubble-gum
pop sung in a fake Brit accent...

TC,
Old August 25th, 2008, 02:55 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
[email protected]

wrote:

Anyway, back to Madonna......really, who the **** cares what she puts in
a video? Even from an artistic standpoint, she is way past yesterday's news.
How it would conceivably influence anyone in an election cycle eludes me, so
I doubt Biden, or anyone with any political gravitas, will get too worked up
over it.

Check out Drudge today - right below the picture of Hillary looking like
she is about to strangle Obama is really elegant picture of Madonna, in
what I'm sure is a common stance for her, and a link to Brietbart.com
and a story on her performance (granted, it does mention Fox).

Oh, and speaking of Clinton and Obama, check out politico.com for an
interesting piece of the supposed unity in Denver:

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0808/12782.html

I especially love it when Axelrod and whatshername issue a joint
statement ordering reporters not to believe any of the negative ****
that's now lapping about their ankles, headed for their knees, and
rising fast. Period.

TC,
Tom

Old August 25th, 2008, 04:02 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Derek[_2_]

--
Ken Fortenberry

What on earth has Elton John got to do with it? ( see last para ) Madge is
just messing with you she lives in the South of England and any time soon
she should be endorsing one of our no hope, no chance, no idea weasels er
politicians. I really don't see how folk get so exercised on a Fly Fishing
group by something so off topic as politicians when there are far more
important things going on - evening rises for example.
Derek

Old August 25th, 2008, 04:21 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Wolfgang

"Derek" wrote in message

What on earth has Elton John got to do with it? ( see last para ) Madge
is just messing with you she lives in the South of England and any time
soon she should be endorsing one of our no hope, no chance, no idea
weasels er politicians. I really don't see how folk get so exercised on a
Fly Fishing group by something so off topic as politicians when there are
far more important things going on - evening rises for example.

The beauty of Usenet is that people who have frequently demonstrated that
they have nothing whatsoever to say about anything (let alone anything
worthy of note) can froth inarticulately about politics and be taken
seriously by their peers. Otherwise, they are doomed to make utter asses of
themselves on a host of subjects that might as well be (and probably are)
chosen at random. Presumably, there is much to said for the comfort to be
derived from commanding the attention of, and marginally literate responses
from, a regular and reliable set of equally thick headed asses, on a subject
about which all concerned are equally ignorant and eager to display their
staggering and hilarious intellectual, educational and moral deficiencies.

To put it another way, it's a lot like watching kennie.....of all
people.....take other people to task for their homophobia......or anything
else, for that matter.

Hey, it's free comedy.....and it's free.....and it's funny.

Wolfgang

Old August 25th, 2008, 04:52 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
[email protected]

On Mon, 25 Aug 2008 16:02:19 +0100, "Derek"
wrote:

What on earth has Elton John got to do with it? ( see last para ) Madge is
just messing with you she lives in the South of England and any time soon
she should be endorsing one of our no hope, no chance, no idea weasels er
politicians. I really don't see how folk get so exercised on a Fly Fishing
group by something so off topic as politicians when there are far more
important things going on - evening rises for example.
Derek

Maybe you ought to stop, um, listening to the voices inside your head,
there, Del-Boy...

HTH,
....I mean, they probably just echo around in all that empty space...
Old August 25th, 2008, 06:55 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Fred

On 25-Aug-2008, "Wolfgang" wrote:

Hey, it's free comedy.....and it's free.....and it's funny.

I second this post except that its NOT funny and does not belong on a
fishing NG
Or at the very least it should be posted OT.

Fred

Can you imagine that?
i agree with a Wolfganng post