Suck it up Dave

Old March 22nd, 2010, 04:11 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
sandy[_4_]

Default Suck it up Dave

Take a deep breath Dave (et al).

You've got seven more years of Barack to live through.
And then eight more years of Michelle.

Stingy, selfish, self-centered and self righteous
republicans are (ever so slowly) dying out.
:-)
Old March 22nd, 2010, 10:30 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
David LaCourse

On 2010-03-22 00:11:24 -0400, sandy said:

Take a deep breath Dave (et al).

You've got seven more years of Barack to live through.
And then eight more years of Michelle.

Stingy, selfish, self-centered and self righteous
republicans are (ever so slowly) dying out.
:-)

d;o) I doubt it. It is not Obama that bothers me. It is Pelosi and
Reid. Reid will probably lose his re-election, and perhaps the
Republicans can win the House thereby stoping Pelosi and her fancy
aircraft. That will make me happy. And if Obama is re-elected, so
what?

And this Republican is neither stingy nor selfish, nor self righteous.
This bill will do more harm than good, but I am glad to see kids are
covered immediately. That's a good thing.

Are you on medi-care, Sandy? I sure hope not.
d;o) Have you had prostate cancer yet? Sure hope not. This bill is
gonna hurt you, not me.

d;o)

Old March 22nd, 2010, 11:28 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
[email protected]

On Sun, 21 Mar 2010 23:11:24 -0500, sandy wrote:

Take a deep breath Dave (et al).

You've got seven more years of Barack to live through.
And then eight more years of Michelle.

Well, darn, Louie, that means you got 15 more years left...

So what's the plan - in a little less than three years, Obama leaves the WH,
they buy an RV and start to follow Louie and his waders around, but Michelle
gets the RV in the divorce 4 years later and continues to stalk Louie...and his
waders...?

Ah, Louie, you're Tiger Woods, Jesse James, John Edwards, and Gary Hart all
rolled up in one ma...HEY - WAIT A MINUTE! YOU'RE A KENNEDY!!

Stingy, selfish, self-centered and self righteous
republicans are (ever so slowly) dying out.

Yeah, it's probably gonna be at least one election cycle past the mid-terms
now...ya know, maybe this health care bill DOES have life-support for seniors,
after all...and Tina Palin or Sarah Fey or whatever the hell her name is was all
"DEATH PANELS!!" and all...but not to worry, the GOP's "health care reform plan
to fix what the Dems ****ed up" will be like a defibrillator and a bottle of
aspirin to the arrhythmic Dems long about 2014 or so...

:-)

Right back atcha,
Old March 22nd, 2010, 12:17 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Frank Reid © 2010

On 2010-03-22 00:11:24 -0400, sandy said:

Take a deep breath Dave (et al).

[...]

I will NOT loose any re-election bid.
Frank Reid
(trying to figure out how to get re-elected without getting elected in
the first place)

Old March 22nd, 2010, 12:47 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
[email protected]

On 2010-03-22 00:11:24 -0400, sandy said:

Take a deep breath Dave (et al).

You've got seven more years of Barack to live through.
And then eight more years of Michelle.

Stingy, selfish, self-centered and self righteous
republicans are (ever so slowly) dying out.
:-)

d;o) I doubt it. It is not Obama that bothers me. It is Pelosi and
Reid. Reid will probably lose his re-election, and perhaps the
Republicans can win the House thereby stoping Pelosi and her fancy
aircraft. That will make me happy. And if Obama is re-elected, so
what?

And this Republican is neither stingy nor selfish, nor self righteous.
This bill will do more harm than good, but I am glad to see kids are
covered immediately. That's a good thing.

Um, they are? Can you or anyone else give me "chapter and verse" on that
coverage, or rather, the supposed wonderment of, in six months, prohibiting
insurance companies from excluding children with pre-existing conditions and
then, in 2014, including adults? I've scanned through this 2000-page mess
several times, on several issues, and I have yet to find it. I keep hearing
about it, but where is it and what does it say? I'm not talking about a link to
some "summary" from either Rush Limpdick and Johnny Boner OR MSDNC and the Botox
Bitch - I mean the language itself.

And IAC, if that and other things like are so ****in' critical - IMMEDIATELY,
NOW, DAMMIT!! - why is anyone of any age having to wait over 3 1/2 years for
these "critical" reforms.

And lastly, is anyone who actually follows this kind of political theater really
so stupid and partisan to believe that if this mess had the slightest hope of
actually doing anything that the vote would have been THIS partisan?

And if the Dems are so bright and shiny (on this issue), why was all the quid
pro quo'ing necessary? And if one assumes that Dem good, GOP bad, why not a
straight party vote?

I don't know if Gerald Ford ever put his name to any "health care reform"
legislation, but IMO, if he did, dust it off and beg Bill Bradley and Mitt
Romney to give a go at proof-reading it, tweaking if/where needed...and if a
Kennedy (or a McConnell, Reid, or Pelosi) gets anywhere near it, push 'em off a
bridge...and staple Rush's, Beck's, Olberman's, Matthew's, Maddow's,
Dionne's...well, **** - just send the whole bunch of 'em to Gitmo for the
duration...

TC,
Old March 22nd, 2010, 01:00 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
David LaCourse

On 2010-03-22 00:11:24 -0400, sandy said:

Take a deep breath Dave (et al).

You've got seven more years of Barack to live through.
And then eight more years of Michelle.

Stingy, selfish, self-centered and self righteous
republicans are (ever so slowly) dying out.
:-)

Oh, btw, forgot to say: Nice troll! d;o)

Old March 22nd, 2010, 01:16 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
sandy[_4_]

On Mon, 22 Mar 2010 09:00:12 -0400, David LaCourse wrote:

Oh, btw, forgot to say: Nice troll! d;o)

Thanks. I'm working on it.
Hey. It occurred to me too....

1) I forgot out to dig it in: demographics are not on your side.
2) It was easier for the right to cast public doubt
when health care was hypothetical. But any further
obstruction now will be against a concrete reality.
Further obstruction now will mean republicans will be seen as
wanting the insurance agencies to be able to drop coverage the minute
you get sick....

What we have now sucks for most Americans.
I have Cadillac health insurance. Always have.
But most don't. Most get screwed. And now the republicans
are backed into the *screwing* corner. They just can't see it
yet, because they are so blinded by libertarian, free-market,
fundamentalist bible-thumping ideology.
Old March 22nd, 2010, 01:40 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
David LaCourse

I hope I am wrong and you are right. We will see. But the feds have
made a mess of everything they have touched. SS, Medicare, Medicaid,
Post Office, Amtrac, you-name-it. They are all bankrupt or close to it.
I hope that we do not end up like GB or Canada. If so, then some of
you men who have yet to have prostate cancer (and you will) won't be as
fortunate as me. But, I hope that I am wrong.

Old March 22nd, 2010, 01:54 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
David LaCourse

lllHectic around here this morning. Three different groups of deer
appeared, requiring replenishing the feed. Must be the snowstorm we
are having. But, it is beautiful.

I forgot to add something: I'm told by those in Washington that this
is a "right". Hmmmmm. Every right I have comes from God and every one
is in the Bill of Rights and is FREE. This is the first "right" that I
am going to pay for. Doesn't that make it a "privilege?"

BTW, Sandy, if you have a spare buck or two, invest in health care
companies. You'll have to pay more in taxes on "unearned income", but
you should make out ok. Let's hope, eh?

d;o)