No it's not a fish

Old December 23rd, 2007, 04:36 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
George

Default No it's not a fish

Old December 23rd, 2007, 04:40 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
George

The last deer I shot December of 1989 in Connecticut. One of the better
shots I have ever made and I drove the truck right to the animal.
George in Las Vegas

Old December 23rd, 2007, 04:55 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers

Not bad George, not bad at all......

I'm not quite done hunting for the year. I checked out a whitetail
operation today and we'll start hunting/filming for next season's shows
tomorrow. We're going to do some herd reduction and take a doe or two, then
he want's me to take one of the older bucks from the herd.

Then (just to keep things on topic re fishing) we're going to try to get
some ice fishing segments filmed. There's been some nice northern pike
taken through the ice lately and as soon as I get the hunting portion of the
program done, we'll be seeing about those toothy critters.

Here's one of the show's stars that I took earlier in the week.
--
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com

Old December 23rd, 2007, 05:48 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
George

Beauty! The only buffalo I have ever seen were in a field near Simplots feed
lots down by Grandview (?) Idaho in the 80s. A few of the articles on
blackpowder rifles have caught my attention and I think I'd like to use a
Sharps or rolling block for a buffalo.
George in Las Vegas

Old December 23rd, 2007, 06:26 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
BassMr

Nice going Steve !
Your smile is almost as big as that critter !

Old December 23rd, 2007, 10:31 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Jim Laumann

On Sat, 22 Dec 2007 21:55:01 -0600, "Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers"
wrote:

Here's one of the show's stars that I took earlier in the week.

And what are the stats on that star? Hefty looking beastie.

Jim

Old December 24th, 2007, 01:12 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers

wrote:

Here's one of the show's stars that I took earlier in the week.

And what are the stats on that star? Hefty looking beastie.

Hi Jim,

It was a three year old cow bison. It weighed in between eight and nine
hundred pounds. The weight couldn't be confirmed because the scale we tried
to weigh it on bottomed out at eight hundred pounds. But I don't think it
weighed more than nine hundred pounds.

All I know for sure is that it was fun to hunt, hard to put down and is
delicious. It is an odd feeling to pull the string back on an animal that
size. Beyond that, anything else is conjecture.

Old December 24th, 2007, 04:46 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Dan, danl, Redbeard uh Greybeard now[_2_]

On Sun, 23 Dec 2007 18:12:31 -0600, "Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

Here's one of the show's stars that I took earlier in the week.

And what are the stats on that star? Hefty looking beastie.

Hi Jim,

It was a three year old cow bison. It weighed in between eight and nine
hundred pounds. The weight couldn't be confirmed because the scale we tried
to weigh it on bottomed out at eight hundred pounds. But I don't think it
weighed more than nine hundred pounds.

All I know for sure is that it was fun to hunt, hard to put down and is
delicious. It is an odd feeling to pull the string back on an animal that
size. Beyond that, anything else is conjecture.

Steve,

Can I expect Bison burgers for the next get together?

Dan

-

Remove the X for e-mail reply
1996 HD Sportster 1200S. N9JBF. Bass fishing Aficionado!
www.outdoorfrontiers.com www.SecretWeaponLures.com
A proud charter member of "PETAF", People for Eating Tasty Animals and Fish!!!
Old December 24th, 2007, 06:01 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers

"Dan, danl, Redbeard uh Greybeard now" wrote in message
SNIP

Steve,

Can I expect Bison burgers for the next get together?

Dan

If there's anything left you might.

Old December 24th, 2007, 06:12 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
rw

wrote:

Here's one of the show's stars that I took earlier in the week.

And what are the stats on that star? Hefty looking beastie.

Hi Jim,

It was a three year old cow bison. It weighed in between eight and nine
hundred pounds. The weight couldn't be confirmed because the scale we
tried to weigh it on bottomed out at eight hundred pounds. But I don't
think it weighed more than nine hundred pounds.

All I know for sure is that it was fun to hunt, hard to put down and is
delicious. It is an odd feeling to pull the string back on an animal
that size. Beyond that, anything else is conjecture.

Did you just walk up to her and shoot her?