Jan. 2, and 60.7 degrees

Old January 3rd, 2005, 12:59 PM
asadi....

I know a guy that makes a mean streamside pot of coffee...., and swiss miss
hot chocolate and 'poof' mocha!

john
"Jeff Miller" wrote in message
Guyz-N-Flyz wrote:

"Jeff Miller" wrote in message

Guyz-N-Flyz wrote:

Upper Creek skunked me! I still had a dropper rig tie on and
attempted to coax trout out of bedrock troughs, but they'd have none
of that. I switched over to a green Stimulator. Nada. I fished for
about two hours and finally called it quits.

i'll give you a call for the next trip in search of leopard trout...

jeff

I don't aspire to become a professional skunkmeister, but it would be a
delight to fish the falls stretch with ya. If we want to get Walt to go
with us we'll have to let him rest up REAL GOOD! I'm not too sure if
there are any leopard trout in Uppers, but I'm certain that the elusive
Invisible Trout are thick as fleas in them thar waters.

Ping me come Spring, as I keep the 'puter connected 99% of the time and
don't bother with a phone anymore. And even I don't know what my e-mail
addy will be by Springtime.

Mark

will do. looking forward to it...

jeff

Old January 3rd, 2005, 09:28 PM
Katrina

Katrina Jan 3, 1:22 pm show options

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
From: "Katrina" - Find messages by this author
Date: 3 Jan 2005 13:22:43 -0800
Subject: Preserving Skins
original | Remove | Report Abuse

I need help and I don't know where to go for the answer. Be kind! My
husband found a rattlesnake while working outside San Antiono and he
put this snake in a 5 gallon bucket with a lid and holes for air. The
snake is now living in my garage and I don't like it! I want to put the
snake in the freezer so it doesn't have to suffer any longer without my
husband knowing. I don't want a snanke any where near my kids. The poor
snake has been in the bucket for over a month without food. How long
will it take to "freeze" it

? It would be more humaine to kill it now instead of letting it suffer.

Old January 3rd, 2005, 09:28 PM
Katrina

Katrina Jan 3, 1:22 pm show options

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.fishing.fly

Old January 3rd, 2005, 09:39 PM
Wayne Harrison

"Katrina" wrote in message
ups.com...
Katrina Jan 3, 1:22 pm show options

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
From: "Katrina" - Find messages by this author
Date: 3 Jan 2005 13:22:43 -0800
original | Remove | Report Abuse

I need help and I don't know where to go for the answer. Be kind! My
husband found a rattlesnake while working outside San Antiono and he
put this snake in a 5 gallon bucket with a lid and holes for air. The
snake is now living in my garage and I don't like it! I want to put the
snake in the freezer so it doesn't have to suffer any longer without my
husband knowing. I don't want a snanke any where near my kids.

while the situation could be deemed problematic by some, there is a
certain source of assistance and advice in dealing with the dangerous
reptile. call jenny baird, in greenville, n.c. (that's pronounced
'grunvull'), 300-123-6969, and describe the snake in detail. she has been
living with one by the name of james mcdonald roberts for damn near 10
years, and is a legendary snake charmer.

hth.

wayno (well, the lady seemed to be at her wit's end...)

Old January 3rd, 2005, 09:39 PM
Wayne Harrison

"Katrina" wrote in message
ups.com...
Katrina Jan 3, 1:22 pm show options

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.fishing.fly

Old January 3rd, 2005, 09:58 PM
Wolfgang

"Wayne Harrison" wrote in message

...(well, the lady seemed to be at her wit's end...)

A tad beyond would be my guess.

Wolfgang

Old January 4th, 2005, 05:15 AM
Cyli

On 3 Jan 2005 13:28:13 -0800, "Katrina" wrote:

? It would be more humaine to kill it now instead of letting it suffer.

No. Do not kill your husband. He may be a fool and vicious to
harmless snakes, but divorce is so much more civilized.

Really, the man is gormless. What are his plans for the poor
creature? If he wanted to try to eat it, he should kill it, clean it,
and hand it to you to cook (I feel sure you do all the 'woman's work'
around the place). If he wants the skin, he should kill it and skin
it. A month is ridiculous.

Hadn't you best use this extreme oddity of his to rethink your
marriage and your life? Even if you decide to stay with him and let
him live, it should colour your perceptions of him in many ways.

Take the bucket (wear heavy long gloves, leather preferred.), cover it
securely with something with breathing holes in it, put it in the
trunk of your car, take it out in the country, and open the top,
tipping the bucket with a long stick or metal bar. Let the poor thing
go. And do consider a similar option for your husband.

Cyli
r.bc: vixen. Minnow goddess. Speaker to squirrels.
Often taunted by trout. Almost entirely harmless.

http://www.visi.com/~cyli
email: lid (strip the .invalid to email)

Old January 4th, 2005, 01:34 PM
Wayne Harrison

"Cyli" wrote in message
On 3 Jan 2005 13:28:13 -0800, "Katrina" wrote:

? It would be more humaine to kill it now instead of letting it suffer.

No. Do not kill your husband. He may be a fool and vicious to
harmless snakes, but divorce is so much more civilized.

hilarious. and kinder, gentler, as well.

yfitons
wayno