Catawba Worm farms could be the next big thing

Old December 28th, 2007, 04:06 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Wolfgang

Default Catawba Worm farms could be the next big thing

"millard63" wrote in message
On Dec 27, 9:45 am, "Wolfgang" wrote:
"millard63" wrote in message

On Dec 26, 3:42 pm, "Wolfgang" wrote:

"Tim J." wrote in message

typed:
On Dec 24, 2:28 pm, millard63 wrote:
snip
for your information you should type in the word Catawba for
yourself
and you will find that that is how it is spelled for worms, I'm not
illiterate you are, there are several ways to spell differnet things

i am often fascinated to observe how often it appears that those
who wallow in their own ignorance are given confidence by the fact
that the same lack of understanding is demonstrated by many others.

C'mon, wayno. Even *you* must appreciate the intricacies in the above
paragraph.

Having long been perplexed the very phenomenon ofitons refers to above,
can scarcely convey how pleased I am to discover that the solution to
the
conundrum of the uncanny replication of shared stupidity is something as
simple as widespread (and evidently long term......on the scale of
centuries) access to the differnet.

Wolfgang

you dont even know what you just said...LOL....

Hm.......do I need to?

sounds cool though

Yeah, if you read it aloud (I just did).

(((and what is the word ofitons)))

You don't even know what I just said.

Wolfgang- Hide quoted text -

sounded good though

What did?

Wolfgang

Old December 28th, 2007, 05:21 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
BJ Conner

On Dec 27, 3:52*pm, millard63 wrote:
On Dec 27, 3:19*am, Mike wrote:

On Dec 27, 5:57 am, millard63 wrote:

guess you have a viable point, just thought I might provoke interest.
If it werent for people like me, I guess the world would be very
boring, because people wouldnt have anything to complain about

Far as Fly fishing I have never had the opportunity to go fly fishing,
though would consider it.

Fishing is fishing, regardless of what you use. Fly-fishing however,
has long been considered by many to be a clean ( no bait required!)
and sporting method of angling.

If you want to learn some basics, then have have a look here for
instance;

http://www.associatedinternet.com/flyfishing101/

MC

very helpful information on fly fishing. *I just wonder if a Trout
would bite a Catawba Worm.- Hide quoted text -

Veer doubtful sense their natural ranges overlap very little.
Have you ever caught any kind of fish on a caltapa worm? Do you
really know anything about them?
A lot of serious fishermen that fish Caltapa worms have little screen
cages they keep them in. I use to help my first shirt gather worms. It
took a ladder and some serious tree climbing to get the dam things. We
were picking worm off of one tree when the post Sargent Major told us
those trees were the property of the Post CG. It didn't matter we got
plenty of them elsewhere.
After they were picked we kept them in a refridgerator to slow down
their developement into moth. I got to go out every day and pick
fresh leaves for them as that was the only thing they would eat. The
whole season lasted a month at best.
I use to go fishing with him and he showed me the whole technique to
Cataba worms (In Alabama they had at least a half dozen name for the
slimy *******s ). The worms are turned inside out and put on a hook
the slimy inside is outside- they kind of looked like a used rubber.
Theya re very tough and the Brim and Shellcracker really went for
them Catching 3 or 4 fish on one worm was the par.
He also taught me to find Brim-bed by smell. You drive around the
lake and he could smell them. The smell was a mix of fish and water
weeds. I think I could still recognize it after 40 years.
I don't think you could domesticat those worms. It's one of the things
you gotta take when it comes.
Old December 28th, 2007, 06:20 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
rb608

"Wolfgang" wrote in message
Baltimore.

Hey, don't send him up here goddamnit. We don't need no steenkin worms. g

Joe F.

Old December 28th, 2007, 06:58 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
BJ Conner

On Dec 27, 9:20*pm, "rb608" wrote:
"Wolfgang" wrote in message
Baltimore.

Hey, don't send him up here goddamnit. We don't need no steenkin worms. g

Joe F.

They only grow down south,where it's hot and sticky. There's no need
to come up here, damm floods drown all the fish ( what few was left.)
Old December 28th, 2007, 12:08 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Mike[_6_]

On Dec 28, 12:52 am, millard63 wrote:
On Dec 27, 3:19 am, Mike wrote:

On Dec 27, 5:57 am, millard63 wrote:

guess you have a viable point, just thought I might provoke interest.
If it werent for people like me, I guess the world would be very
boring, because people wouldnt have anything to complain about

Far as Fly fishing I have never had the opportunity to go fly fishing,
though would consider it.

Fishing is fishing, regardless of what you use. Fly-fishing however,
has long been considered by many to be a clean ( no bait required!)
and sporting method of angling.

If you want to learn some basics, then have have a look here for
instance;

http://www.associatedinternet.com/flyfishing101/

MC

very helpful information on fly fishing. I just wonder if a Trout
would bite a Catawba Worm.

Trout will take virtually anything at times. The Tebo grubs I
mentioned before, which are also moth caterpillars, are used
extensively as trout bait. I have never seen a Catalpa worm "in the
flesh". Their use, as described by Mr.Conner, which sounds authentic,
would more or less preclude my using them. I donīt want to have to
eviscerate something before I can use it as bait.

One can learn to cast fairly quickly, but it is better if there is
someone who already can shows you how. It is easy to learn a lot of
mistakes on your own. Although it is basically simple, it needs to be
done properly for optimum results.

MC
Old December 28th, 2007, 09:42 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
jeff

millard63 wrote:
On Dec 27, 11:09 am, "Russell D." wrote:

millard63 wrote:

On Dec 26, 7:15 pm, "Russell D." wrote:

millard63 wrote:

(((and what is the word ofitons)))

Hang around and talk fly fishin' stuff and other stuff with us for
awhile and you will figure it out. And stop spamming.

Russell

If it looks like spam and smells like spam and tastes like spam I'm
guessing it is spam.

Ok so who is the best Fly fishermen here,

Despite what Wolfgang may tell you, I am.

and where can you catch the

most trout with flys at

This, Wolfgang was right about.

HTH,

Russell

just thought I would ask, I live in NC...Wheres a good place in NC to
go fly fishing

oh god...i was afraid of that. why can't any of these fukkers be from
wisconsin or illinois or florida or... anyway, in response - greensboro
or charlotte.

jeff
Old December 28th, 2007, 09:55 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Opus--Mark H. Bowen

millard63 wrote:

[...]

I was thinkin' that the best trout fishin' would be somewhere around
Greeneville, NC..

Btw, Millard, your last name wouldn't happen to be Makepeace, would it?
Please say NO!

Op

Old December 28th, 2007, 10:21 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
jeff

Opus--Mark H. Bowen wrote:

millard63 wrote:

[...]

um...come april/may, you'll pay for that one my friend! g

jeff (...and my homies beat bwasay state in hawaii)
Old December 29th, 2007, 12:28 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Opus--Mark H. Bowen

"jeff" wrote in message
Opus--Mark H. Bowen wrote:

oh god...i was afraid of that. why can't any of these fukkers be from
wisconsin or illinois or florida or... anyway, in response - greensboro
or charlotte.

jeff

I was thinkin' that the best trout fishin' would be somewhere around
Greeneville, NC..

Btw, Millard, your last name wouldn't happen to be Makepeace, would it?
Please say NO!

Op

um...come april/may, you'll pay for that one my friend! g

jeff (...and my homies beat bwasay state in hawaii)

Yeah, but your "homies" are afraid to play my homies, as are WF, NCSU, UNC
and god know how many other *big* schools. Much too risky I reckon?

I can't wait to fish with ya in april/may!

Op

Old December 29th, 2007, 06:27 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
millard63

On Dec 28, 3:55*pm, "Opus--Mark H. Bowen"
wrote:

millard63 wrote:

[...]

Op- Hide quoted text -

no, but thanks for the information on Trout Fishing