Rich Z - Dropshotting

Old August 7th, 2009, 04:14 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Bob La Londe

Default Rich Z - Dropshotting

Your name has been used in vain over at the Bass Pro Shops forums. Actually
somebody mentioned you as a possible resource for information.

http://forums.basspro.com/cgi-bin/ul...c;f=2;t=028113

Maybe you can hook them up with one of your old articles that can help.

Bob La Londe
www.YumaBassMan.com

Old August 8th, 2009, 01:22 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Jack

http://forums.basspro.com/cgi-bin/ul...t_topic;f=2;t=...

Maybe you can hook them up with one of your old articles that can help.

Bob La Londewww.YumaBassMan.com

Does anyone use any knot other than the Palomar for drop-shotting?? I
have tried the standoff hooks but the shank is too short IMHO.
Old August 8th, 2009, 04:16 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Rodney Long

Jack wrote:
On Aug 7, 10:14 am, "Bob La Londe" wrote:
Your name has been used in vain over at the Bass Pro Shops forums. Actually
somebody mentioned you as a possible resource for information.

http://forums.basspro.com/cgi-bin/ul...t_topic;f=2;t=...

Maybe you can hook them up with one of your old articles that can help.

Bob La Londewww.YumaBassMan.com

Does anyone use any knot other than the Palomar for drop-shotting?? I
have tried the standoff hooks but the shank is too short IMHO.

I agree, and have agreed with you on this since they made the very first
hook, they tell me this is going to change next year, as they are going
to offer a longer shank in all sizes,, but you need to let them know and
bug them to get it for sure.

Their reasoning for the short shank was that "all" drop shotters used
short shank hooks,, Duh,,,, the reason was they could only get a short
shank to stick out, the longer looks would not stay out there,, With the
StandOut it makes no difference, as they all will stand straight out

--
Secret Weapon Recoil Rig,
Fishing lure remote control
Old August 8th, 2009, 06:01 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Bob La Londe

"Rodney Long" wrote in message
Jack wrote:
[...]

I tie a light wire 1/0 worm hook for drop shotting myself. I use the
Trilene knot as it binds tighter to the hook than the Palomar, and the tag
end naturally drops down instead of up. Because the Trilene Knot binds more
solidly on the hook I have no problem getting the hook to stick out.

P.S. About the only thing I still use a Trilene Knot for.

Old August 8th, 2009, 03:53 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
[email protected]

Hi everybody I usualy use the polmark knot for any fishing, but I hace
recently tried new knots and they intend to be just as strong and
effective!!!! I recently began a freshwater fishing site www.squidoo.com/fishers
and theres a few freshwater tips on there aswell as a few knots,
please check it out!!!
Old August 8th, 2009, 06:21 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Bob La Londe

wrote in message
Hi everybody I usualy use the polmark knot for any fishing, but I hace
recently tried new knots and they intend to be just as strong and
effective!!!!

Before making a claim like that do a search for "Knot Wars" and watch the
videos. They are part way through their second year of knot testing. It's
a pretty decent testing scenario with recording strain gages to test the
breaking/slipping point of various knots. Berkley is the company behind the
testing so of course they are using Berkley owned brands of line, but I see
no reason that their results would not be similar with other brands.

So far knot strength and slippage winners are.

Palomar Knot VS Trilene Knot = TIE for monofilament line
Palomar Knot VS Trilene Knot = TIE for flourocarbon line
Palomar Knot VS Trilene Knot = Palomar braided (spectra fiber) line

Where simplicity is desired and over all knot strength is the goal the
Palomar knot wins out just barely. However the Trilene knot binds more
tightly to the hook, eye or ring where it is tied. This gives it an edge
were line angle relative to the terminal tackle may be desired. Some
examples of the latter may be on poppers where knot position may change the
sound or splash of the bait or on a drop shot rig where you want the hook to
stand out from the line when the line is pulled snug.

For joining two different lines the back to back uni-knot and the blood knot
tied. However each has its advantage.

The back to back uni-knot works better for joining braid to mono or
flourocarbon and works better for lines of different diameters. The blood
knot is smaller and flows through guides easier where that is desired.

Bob La Londe
www.YumaBassMan.com

Old August 9th, 2009, 11:18 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Hammer Hammer

hello yall iam the south n iam 51 yrs old been fishing for as long as i
can remember as for drop shotting have no idea what yalls talking bout
could it be a worm sinker ?
i have used worm sinkers n tagged then with a tooth pic but when i worm
fish i like to use a 1/0 true turn brute hook with a 1/8 oz worm sinker
this works well for me with plastic worms n lizzards even the 4 in mini
lizzards
As for the knot i nly use the polomar since i learned to tie it i used
to use the clinch knot but after watching a knot tieing test at a local
fishing n boat show they tied the clinch the polomar n several other
type of knots n with the help of a pulling pressure gage the polomar
proved to be
the strongest of all
Sledg

Old August 9th, 2009, 11:42 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Ken Fortenberry

Hammer Hammer wrote:
hello yall iam the south ...

I don't doubt it for a moment.

Hint: If you ignore the conventions of grammar and punctuation
your posts appear inane, stupid and ignorant. Of course that
doesn't preclude the possibility that you actually are inane,
stupid and ignorant but for the moment I'll give you the benefit
of the doubt.

Having lived in the south myself, I'm a real sweetheart that way.

--
Ken Fortenberry
Old August 10th, 2009, 12:22 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Hammer Hammer

not insane here and why should you talk about peope like that seems to
me like your a dumb ass that likes to start trouble on the internet and
in real life would tuck yout tail between your leggs n run like a scared
puppy gimmie what ya want because cuz i dont really care !!!!!!!

Old August 10th, 2009, 12:27 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Hammer Hammer

besides being from the south n yes iam a hillbilly i have probably
caught more bass than you have ever seen i have caught bass 10 plus
pounds large mouth that is n caught small mouth over 5 pounds not bad
for a hillbilly now is it
do yourself a favor n dont put people down so much save your typing
finger for some one that cares !!!!!!!!!!!!!