OBROFF: Pass the Hat

Old December 19th, 2008, 07:54 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Frank Reid © 2008

Default OBROFF: Pass the Hat

ROFF needs transport to the hotest fishing spots, i.e. where ever the
fish start rising, we need to be there NOW!
To this end, I propose that we pass the hat and make a purchase. The
non-US ROFFians may take part in the use, but unfortunately, they
cannot donate to the cause.
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/12...giveaway_plan/
By the way, I'll volunteer my services as pilot.
Frank Reid
flytyer37.blogspot.com
Old December 20th, 2008, 01:10 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Fred

On 19-Dec-2008, =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Frank_Reid_=A9_2008?=
wrote:

ROFF needs transport to the hotest fishing spots, i.e. where ever the
fish start rising, we need to be there NOW!
To this end, I propose that we pass the hat and make a purchase

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/12...giveaway_plan/

I suggest that we just pile it opn the US taxpayer
Call it a bailout call it a financial crisis - who cares ?
Lets get Frank's shuttle and everyone on this list will receive a free 5 wt
to 8 wt rod of their choice

It will stimulate the sport fishing part of our economy

For those from other countries we will consider it just more foreign aid - a
meaningless blip of a few million

The American public will pay for anything and everything else - so why not
pay for our witty remarks on ROFF

Screw 'em anyway

Write your comnngressman and senator - Thye really care.

Fred
Old December 20th, 2008, 10:30 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
W. D. Grey

In article
,
Frank Reid © 2008 writes
ROFF needs transport to the hotest fishing spots, i.e. where ever the
fish start rising, we need to be there NOW!
To this end, I propose that we pass the hat and make a purchase. The
non-US ROFFians may take part in the use, but unfortunately, they
cannot donate to the cause.
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/12...giveaway_plan/
By the way, I'll volunteer my services as pilot.
Frank Reid
flytyer37.blogspot.com

Would you accept Welsh Dollars ?
--
Bill Grey

Old December 20th, 2008, 10:57 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
riverman

On Dec 20, 6:30*pm, "W. D. Grey" wrote:
In article
,
Frank Reid © 2008 writes

ROFF needs transport to the hotest fishing spots, i.e. where ever the
fish start rising, we need to be there NOW!
To this end, I propose that we pass the hat and make a purchase. *The
non-US ROFFians may take part in the use, but unfortunately, they
cannot donate to the cause.
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/12...giveaway_plan/
By the way, I'll volunteer my services as pilot.
Frank Reid
flytyer37.blogspot.com

Would you accept Welsh Dollars ?
--
Bill Grey

Why? Can't use them there?

--riverman
Old December 20th, 2008, 04:57 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
W. D. Grey

In article
,
riverman writes
On Dec 20, 6:30*pm, "W. D. Grey" wrote:
In article
,
Frank Reid © 2008 writes

ROFF needs transport to the hotest fishing spots, i.e. where ever the
fish start rising, we need to be there NOW!
To this end, I propose that we pass the hat and make a purchase. *The
non-US ROFFians may take part in the use, but unfortunately, they
cannot donate to the cause.
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/12...giveaway_plan/
By the way, I'll volunteer my services as pilot.
Frank Reid
flytyer37.blogspot.com

Would you accept Welsh Dollars ?
--
Bill Grey

Why? Can't use them there?

--riverman

Hi Myron, - I'm thinking of an answer :-)

Happy Christmas
--
Bill Grey

Old December 21st, 2008, 03:57 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
[email protected]

Be a little hard to land that puppy near clave central but we could
try.........
Old December 21st, 2008, 08:22 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Stephen Welsh

On Dec 20, 6:54*am, Frank Reid © 2008 wrote:
ROFF needs transport to the hotest fishing spots, i.e. where ever the
fish start rising, we need to be there NOW!
To this end, I propose that we pass the hat and make a purchase. *The
non-US ROFFians may take part in the use, but unfortunately, they
cannot donate to the cause.http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/12...giveaway_plan/
By the way, I'll volunteer my services as pilot.
Frank Reid
flytyer37.blogspot.com

Hmmm .... let me know if the navy (any navy ... perhaps not the
Iberian ;-) start flogging off carriers.
I reckon they'd make a stable casting platform and a fair to middling
mother ship for tropical swoffing.
Do you reckon you could drop one them shuttle things on a carrier,
Frank?

Steve
Old December 21st, 2008, 08:34 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Dave LaCourse

On Sun, 21 Dec 2008 12:22:04 -0800 (PST), Stephen Welsh
wrote:

Do you reckon you could drop one them shuttle things on a carrier,
Frank?

Frank is Air Force. They need a 5,000 ft runway to land a plane. You
need a Naval Aviator, the ones with gold wings, not the tin ones the
AF has. Only a Naval Aviator can land an aircraft in less than 50 ft.

Right, Frank?

d;oP

Old December 21st, 2008, 08:40 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
W. D. Grey

In article , Dave LaCourse
writes
wrote:

Do you reckon you could drop one them shuttle things on a carrier,
Frank?

Frank is Air Force. They need a 5,000 ft runway to land a plane. You
need a Naval Aviator, the ones with gold wings, not the tin ones the
AF has. Only a Naval Aviator can land an aircraft in less than 50 ft.

Right, Frank?

d;oP

Nah! Anyone can land a plane in less than 50ft but it might take a Naval
Aviator to survive :-)
--
Bill Grey

Old December 21st, 2008, 08:57 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Dave LaCourse

On Sun, 21 Dec 2008 20:40:36 +0000, "W. D. Grey"
wrote:

Nah! Anyone can land a plane in less than 50ft but it might take a Naval
Aviator to survive :-)

LOL. True. They call it a "controlled crash." Riiiiiiiight!